Capture the Flag Goes Wrong.

Reagan was pumped for capture the flag today, and she was certain that nothing could ruin her attitude. Everyone was pretty excited for capture the flag later in the day. After breakfast, the unclaimed Demigod went to the climbing wall, making sure the setting was set to challenging. Reagan's head tilted backwards to stare up at the towering climbing wall, slowly licking her lips before beginning to climb. It was hard at first, but she quickly adjusted and started scaling the wall with ease. She was five feet above the ground when a female voice behind her called out.

"What did you kill?"

Reagan blinked in confusion and looked down, staring at the blonde named Annabeth Chase. "What do you mean?"

Annabeth rolled her eyes, arms crossed over her chest indignantly. "I mean, what monster did you kill when you saved that girl?"

The question caught Reagan by surprise so much that her palms began to sweat and she lost her grip, falling five feet down with a dull thud when her back hit the ground. She let out a groan and rolled onto her side. "It.... It was a small scorpion," she muttered, groaning as she slowly stood up and massaging her back.

"Really now?" the child of Athena asked, distrust dripping from her voice.

Reagan glared at her. "Yeah. Now beat it."

The blonde scowled. "You know, you can't always bludgeon your way through life."

"Well I can sure try."

Annabeth Chase tapped her foot against the ground irritably before deciding that this back and forth dispute wasn't worth her time and turned, stomping in the direction of The Big House. Reagan watched her until her back disappeared, the unclaimed Demigod shaking her head and turning to continue climbing the rock wall, only to realize that she had run out of time, lava pouring down from the top.

<:::>

Everyone was excited for capture the flag. Reagan dressed into Greek armor with no helmet, as her head was still too small for the helmets. Even the armor was a bit too large for her thin frame, but the armor was a safety requirement. She watched Percy Jackson struggle with tightening the straps of his armor, and quickly looked away when she felt a tug on her armor. Looking at the person, Reagan saw that it was the same girl that she had saved from the hell hound. The girl was short, dressed in a cute flowery dress, a matching flower crown in her black hair.

"So you aren't taking part in capture the flag?" Reagan asked, watching as the small girl helped the unclaimed Demigod tighten straps and straighten the Greek armor.

The girl smiled and shook her head. "No. Children of Aphrodite rarely take part in capture the flag," she explained, and by the tone of her voice Reagan could tell she's been at Camp Half-Blood for a few years now.

"Your....Your mom is Aphrodite?" Reagan asked incredulously.

The girl smiled. "Hmmhm." There was a pause, her scrutinizing gaze on Reagan before she remembered something. "Oh!" she chimed, reaching up. "Take this for good luck," she said happily, taking the flower crown off her head and going on her tippy toes to place the flower crown on Reagan's head, the taller girl bending down slightly to make it easier.

Reagan was surprised by this act of kindness, but didn't object to it. "What's your name? I'm Reagan."

The girl smiled brightly. "Rosalinda. But everyone calls me Rose."

A horn blared, and Rosalinda smiled before turning and skipping away, quickly falling into step with her siblings as they all made their way out of the forest clearing. Chiron galloped over to them, and on his back was a medics bag in case there were any accidents. He went through the rules, which everyone knew except for new arrivals, but was fairly easy to remember. Each teams were given their flags, and offered five minutes for each team to get their strategies planned and flags successfully hidden.