That's My Dad!?

They arrived in Denver, Colorado by noon the next day. The very first thing they all did was find someplace to eat. The last time they had eaten was at "Aunty Em's Gnome Emporium." Which was going on to almost three days ago. The four walked into a small time diner and sat down at a booth. Reagan with Percy on one side with Grover and Annabeth on the other side. A waitress walked over, looking at the children suspiciously.

She raised her eyebrows. "You kids have money to pay?"

The four tickets had cost them all the money they had, and only had a few drachmas to spare, but she obviously wouldn't take them. They all looked at each other uncomfortably, not wanting to have to do the walk of shame out of the diner. Then, there was a commotion outside. A Harley Davidson motor cycle had pulled up, the engine roaring loudly and causing people to stare in wonder. He kicked the kickstand down and got off, sauntering into the diner they were in. He had on a pair of wrap around shades that hid his eyes and a black, leather jacket with a red shirt on. His combat boots were large and studded at the toes and even his pants- Well, the man was clad in all black aside from the red shirt. He whistled and plopped down beside Annabeth and Grover, shoving them into the booth without saying a word. One of the weirdest things about him, however, was that he casually carried around a shotgun and no one seemed to say anything about it. The waitress seemed utterly shocked at this man's sudden arrival.

He blinked than looked at her like he was noticing her for the first time. "Oh yeah. They'll take the special." And with that he pulled out a small bundle filled with golden drachmas and dropped them on the table.

"Sir, you can't pay with that," the waitress said, which Reagan thought was pretty brave considering that the man looked intimidating.

He arched one eyebrow and set the shotgun down on the table, a silent warning. "You sure about that?"

The waitress gulped, gathered the golden coins in her hands, and scurried into the kitchen to give their orders to the cook.

"You can't do that!" Annabeth argued. "You can't just push people around like that!"

The man, obviously a god, scoffed. "You'll be surprised at what I can do, kid."

His eyes landed on Percy Jackson as he sat backwards. "Jackson. You the son of Poseidon? You don't look like much," he observed.

"Just who are you?" Reagan spat out suddenly, scowling angrily as she crossed her arms over her chest.

For once, the god looked at Reagan and sneered angrily, leaning forward so that his elbows were against the table and took the shades off, and she gasped softly at the sight of what seemed to be fireballs instead of eyeballs in his eye sockets. The tiny fires flared angrily for a moment.

"You should watch who you're talking to, brat," he warned, voice low and dangerous. He sat back like that didn't just happen. "You guys just so happen to be basking in the presence of the god of war himself, Ares," he said proudly. He suddenly squinted behind his dark shades, staring over at Reagan with a hard, unreadable expression. Like this oaf of a man actually had some intelligent thoughts. "You..." Ares began, pointing one large and calloused finger towards the Demigod. Then he snapped his fingers, and Reagan blinked in surprise as a faint red glowing light was above her head, and when she glanced up she saw what looked like a small red sword rotating above her head that quickly disappeared. "You're my daughter."

Reagan's eyes widened, and she felt small all of the sudden and she wanted nothing more but to shrivel up and disappear forever. "Me?" she squeaked out.

Ares nodded. "So the next thing I'm about to tell you is important. I need you kids to go to this waterpark and retrieve my shield," he explained, pulling out a dagger and using it to clean his nails.