Gifts...Chapter 1

JARED'S POV

"Hi,Noel" i say
"Hi Jared" he replies
"I got you this" l hand him a gift wrapped box.
"Chocolates?" He asks frowning
"Its what guys give their boyfriends" i answer
"Jared,am not your boyfriend" he says
"But i want you to be,i like you Noel" i reply with seriousness
"You should stop this Jared,i don't want a relationship with you"
"Why?"i ask frustrated
"I just don't really" he replies
"Alright" i reply
He tries to hand me back the chocolates but i tell him to keep them.
I walk away disappointed for the one millionth time. Noel always refuses to date me,no matter what i do. He always says he's not ready for a relationship. Its been like this for a year now. I really like Noel. I fell for him the first time i saw him at the cafeteria laughing with his friends. He looked so carefree and happy.
I approached him and tried hinting that i like him and want to date him but he never noticed or maybe he ignored me.
I asked him straight out but he still said he couldn't. Same reason still.
Sometimes i get so frustrated but i still keep wooing in the hope that one day he will notice my efforts.
My friends have given up on me,they have tried to tell me so many times that i should move on. They tell me Noel might never give me a chance but i still have that hope.
Hope that he will be my boyfriend one day.
I go to room 203 and knock on the door. Its where my therapist leaves. This therapist is also my best friend Vicky.
"Do you have an appointment,sir" she asks all serious
"No,i don't" i reply
She moves to lock the door saying,
"Sir,we can't help you" she says in a mean receptionist voice.

I burst out laughing. She never fails to amuse the hell out of me.
I get in and the first thing she asks is,
"Noel again?"
"Yeah,same story" i reply
"How long will you stay hung up on him? It's been a year" she says angrily
"Maybe he will accept me sometime" i say
"Open your eyes,Red,if Noel really wanted you,he wouldn't have made you wait for this long" she answers.
"Maybe he is not sure..." I tell her
"Not sure about what? Stop making excuses for him Red" she says
"I am not making excuses" i huff
'Really,if not,then did he say so himself?"
"No,he didn't" i reply
"Look,i think its time you snapped out of it and accept the fact that Noel doesn't like you that way and did you ever ask him how he feels about you chasing him? You could be literally making his life miserable,with your constant stalking of him" she says
"I don't think so,he would have told me" i reply
"What if he is just keeping quiet because he doesn't want to hurt you.

I hadn't thought about it that way, maybe thats how he feels and i've never asked him about it.
''Maybe i should go talk to him about it" i reply and get up ready to leave
"Oh Red,i feel for you,really i do" she sighs
"Bye doc" i reply and go to Noel's room.
At the door,i hear voices,then i realise he's on phone,as i am about to get in i hear,
"Mum,i am tired of him,he's always bothering me,making my life busy,miserable and tiresome. He's always on my case,he takes alot of my time,and the worst part is i can't tell him,i don't want to hurt his feelings.

I just stand there not knowing what to do. Should i enter or go back?
I guess i got my answer, Vicky was right after all.
I just turn around and head to my room. I reach in and lie on my bed. I need to process this. I've just been given a shock!
"Why didn't you tell me earlier? I didn't want to make your life miserable"

With all those thoughts running in my mind,i enter my blanket and drift off.