Chap 14. Why? (part two)

Ok, so I've decided to do a 'why?' Chapter for each of the characters, so enjoy! Warning: might trigger depression.

Chapter 14

Why? (Part two)

Silas' POV

I knew a girl like her when I was in Greece.

Strong-spirited.

Good-hearted.

Haunted from the past.

Full of love and forgiveness to all living things.

An angel.

A fallen angel sent to keep me on my toes.

A beautiful wreck.

Why is it that you fall for the ones that you would never expect to find? Why is it that I fell for the one girl that I felt like I couldn't have?

Why did I have to fall for a girl that reminded me so much of my mother that it physically hurt to be around her?

She brings the best and the worst out of me at the same time. When she is sad, it makes me want to track down whatever made her so, if she's happy, I want to watch her laugh, make sure that nothing changes in her state. If she gets hurt, I will kill the person that hurt her.

She is Angelle mou.

My angel.

That sounds right.

I smiled to myself. Angelle Mou. Am I falling for Angelle Mou?

The beautiful messes always did fascinate me. My mother had been abused in her earlier stages of her life, and my father came along and fixed her, saying that the best people were always a mess inside.

When my mom died, it was like it was a cruel punishment to me for enjoying life. It seemed that just by being so happy with my mom, the gods couldn't stand it.

So I cut. It was my way of saying to myself, reassuring myself, that the physical pain will make the mental pain go away. I would feel better, it would get better. That it will be ok.

Because I just didn't know. My dad tried to get through to me, my brother sank into depression too, but I couldn't think about his lose.

He killed her. I was bitter, annoyed, angry and sad.

And it never really did get any better.

I still feel like I live with her death on my hands, that it was me who drove a knife deep into her chest, but I know that I didn't. My brothers helped me see that.

They helped me a lot more than they give themselves credit for. They pulled me out of my depression and gave me another reason to live. They gave me a light at the end of the darkest tunnel I've ever seen and I found friends, brothers that would help me whenever I needed them.

They gave me something worth dying for again.