The Pendant

"Bridget, WAIT!"   

Bridget ran out of the cafeteria, crying. Scottie. He's calling me. I want to go back and see him. No! I can't. He'll just humiliate me more!

Since sophomores get some recess time outside after lunch, Bridget ran outside, over to a tree.

"What's wrong?" a soft and gentle voice said.

Bridget looked up and sniffed."W-who are y-you?" Bridget saw a girl who looked about 15. She had silver hair and grey eyes.

"I am Owlette." the girl said. "An you may not believe me, but I am your..., um, magical person."

"Like a fairy godmother?" Bridget asked.    "Well. Sort of. But I am not technically a fairy godmother yet. I need to earn it. Now ,getting back to business. I have come to give you a pendant." Owlette said as she held up a necklace. The chain was gold and the jewel was watermelon colored.

"If you wear this, you will be beautiful out of your wildest dreams." Owlette  said, holing up the pendant.

"How will I know if it really works?" Bridget asked.

"Let me show you," Owlette said. She put the necklace on and a pink puff of smoke happened. A girl with bright strawberry red hair came.

"Owlette?" Bridget asked.

"Yes." And she handed Bridget the pendant.