chapter four :: video two

warning: mentioning of rape

"Why do you do that?" Bentley asked, his tone slightly snippy.

"What?" Matthias defensively replied, his hands opening up in that casual I-didn't-do-anything gesture.

"End all your sentences with that spooky one word?"

"Spooky?" Hana repeated through a giggle. "Are we in Scooby-Doo or something?"

Bentley pursed his lips and glared at the girl, feeling a bit betrayed. "What other word would you have chosen?"

Hana shrugged and the silence clouded over them again.

The three strangers sat in their seats, looking at each other once in awhile in hopes someone would socialise. But no one did and all that they could thing about was how hungry they were and where the restrooms were.

"You think they'll feed us?" Hana asked, twenty minutes later.

"Hmmmm?" Bentley hummed. He slowly turned his head over to Hana and waited for her to repeat herself.

"I said, are we going to eat?"

"I hope so."

Before the silence could speak for all of them, the door opened and two people walked in. A draft followed them in, wakening the three students. The first man was the person they had seen twice before, and the second was a new face.

"This is 'X'.  You do not talk to him at all," the man in the button-down shirt said as he placed a monitor in the center of the table.  "You will watch this film, and afterwards, write down your thoughts on the piece of papers X hands to you, is that understood?"

The three of them nodded their heads in agreement, though, their attentions were far more interested in the new addition to their madness.  X seemed to be a harmless fellow with his jug-ears, short, textured brown hair, and slim, muscular frame.  His eyes were almost catlike -- blue and suspicious of everything and everyone.  His lips were thin and pressed together tightly in attempt to keep all the words he'd been wanting to say. 

"What's the point of X?"  Matthias inquired, hands folding together thoughtfully like a professor's.

The man in the button-down shirt simpered and his eyebrow arched.  "Watch the video."  Their protector flipped the power on the machine and gave a head gesture to X, commanding him to run the rest of the session while he was gone.  "Remember, don't say anything to X."  He smiled silently to himself and left the room, shutting the door behind him.

Hana and Bentley glanced over at one another and then at X.  The burning curiosity of what would happen if they spoke to him was far more nerve-wracking then whatever film was going to play.  X, without changing his facial expression, walked in between Hana and Bentley and turned on the film.  He returned to his place against the wall and crossed his arms.