Chapter Three.

Calum turned in his seat quickly, a wide grin on his face. "Dude!" he cried, throwing his arms up,"Where've you been? I thought you weren't going to show up!"

Luke smiled lightly, his bright blue eyes quickly meeting mine before he looked back to Calum. "Yeah, well," he said, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck,"my mum was a bit... hesitant to let me come." The brown eyed boy visibly perked up, his dark eyebrows raised curiously.

"Oh, do tell, mate," he said smirking deviously, his chin resting in the palm of his hand. Luke shifted uneasily, shoving his hands into the pockets of his skinny jeans. A light blush spread across his cheeks, and even I had to admit that I was growing curious as well. "Well?" Cal said excitedly, leaning forward in his seat.

Luke sighed, rocking back and forth on his heels. "She wouldn't let me leave the house until... I had cleaned my room," he muttered, his face instantly turning a darker shade of red. Calum then began laughing hysterically, causing Skylar to begin giggling obnoxiously. Even I couldn't help but let out a few laughs. However, after several moments, Calum began to talk, with minimal composure, might I add. "Oh (breath) my (cue loud laughter) God," he said his eyes watering," this is (hiccup) priceless!"

"Where am I sitting?" Luke grumbled, his voice quiet as he looked down at the dark, tiled floor. Calum looked up at him, his face serious, only for him to begin laughing again - tears running down his cheeks.

Rolling her eyes, Joy turned to Luke, smiling softly. "Sit right there, beside Cal, honey," she said, her voice as soft as silk until she looked at her dying son,"and you, Calum Thomas Hood, calm yourself."

The tall, lanky blonde nodded, sitting down in the booth beside Calum, his pale arms crossed. And because of the seating arrangement, he sat directly in front of me, his eyes staring into mine. Calum finally stopped laughing, and awkward tension quickly filled the air surrounding our booth. So, I decided to fix it.

"So... I'm guessing you got that room cleaned up, huh?"

--

"Puppies," Calum gushed, smiling widely, his cheeks a light pink,"they're so freaking cute."

Skylar laughed, her blue eyes sparkling. "Really? Puppies, Calum?" she asked, earning a quick nod from the kiwi boy.

Currently, the four of us were playing 20 questions... or something along the lines of it. I had asked the first questions, directed at Calum, which was "What is your favorite animal?". So now, much like when playing Truth or Dare, it was Calum's turn because he had answered his question.

"Okay," he murmured, readjusting his beanie before grinning mischievously,"Luke, do you like somebody?"

The blonde boy beside him sighed, rolling his eyes. "You already know the answer to that, Calum," he said, a blush already forming on his cheeks.

Calum smirked, nudging his best friend lightly. "I know that, mate, but Skylar and Nevaeh don't," he continued his devious smile still intact. Luke rubbed a hand down his face, shaking his head. "God, why do I put up with you?" he muttered quietly before speaking up,"Yes, I do like someone."

"Is she here?" Calum asked, winking at Skylar and I, as he laid his head on Luke's shoulder. The blue eyed boy quickly shoved Calum off of him, shrugging with sarcastic sympathy. "You've already asked your question, so now it's my turn. Sorry, mate," he said, clapping his hands," Nevaeh, why did you move to Sydney?"

I smiled, shrugging my shoulders as I glanced up at him from my previous sight of the table. "Well, in 2009, during our 8th grade school year, me and my family took a trip here, during Christmas break. I had always wanted to visit because I had always heard how beautiful Australia was, so my parents surprised me and my siblings with the vacation," I said, grinning,"We stayed for about a week and, well, we loved every single thing about it - the people, the weather, the beach, the accents. When we got back home, it just wasn't the same. So, we finished school in the states, and my mom quickly found a job. Then we moved.

"My mom loved Sydney just as much as we did, and my dad just wanted to be where ever we were. I started at Northwest during the third term, and I actually met this really annoying blonde girl named... Skylar, I think. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's her name. She just latched onto me my first day and I haven't been able to shake her since."

The girl beside me rolled her eyes, laying her head on my shoulder with a soft sigh. "Yeah, I love you too, Nevaeh."

((Picture is Skylar 😁))