Chapter Four

​​ "Well, that was interesting, wasn't it?" Skylar said from the bathroom, her voice a bit muffled.

Slipping my shirt over my head, I sighed softly in response, a light smile gracing my lips. I hummed softly, taking my jeans off as well, replacing my clothes with a pair of cotton shorts and a tank top.

Skylar flung the restroom door open, waltzing into the room and throwing herself onto her bed. She sighed dreamily , propping her head up with her arms as she looked up at me. "Calum looked really good tonight," she stated, closing her eyes as a smile crossed her lips.

My eyes rolled on their own accord, a grin pulling at my lips as well. I said nothing, however, I knew that Sky would do enough talking for the both of us, anyway - she always did. "And Luke?" she smirked, waggling her eyebrows as she made eyecontact with me,"What'd you think about him? Did you think he looked hot?"

I sighed, again, sitting down beside her. I had no response for the blonde girl to my right... and she damn well knew it. One part of me, the larger part, wanted to scoff and roll my eyes, but another part want to answer with a "yes". Skylar had no knowledge of the history that resides between Luke and I... no one did - I made sure if that. However, tonight had stirred feelings inside of me, feelings I never thought would exist. And no matter how much I denied it verbally, I did recognize how near-perfect tonight had been at the diner.

​​​​​​ Our booth erupted in a roar of laughter, the surrounding tables, including the adults in our company, turning to look at us with a quizzical stare. Luke playfully shoved Calum's shoulder, slouching as another wave of laughter wracked though his body. I laughed loudly as well, my hand covering my mouth, trying hard not to let an embarrassing sound escape.

It wasn't long before Skylar's parents were telling us that it was time to go. The four of us stood, and I made my way to Calum, first. I grinned cheekily, receiving an equally large smile in return, his eyebrows wiggling as he met me halfway.

"Don't act like a stranger at school, okay?" I said, looking up at the tall boy, staring into his chocolate brown eyes. He chuckled softly, the large grin still in tact, as he threw his arms around my waist. My arms instinctively wrapped themselves around his neck, a disgruntled yelp leaving my lips as he bear hugged me - my feet hanging a few inches off the ground.

He set me back down, a laugh rumbling through his chest as he looked back down at me. "Street goes both ways, Anderson," he murmured, pulling away as he winked. He then turned to Skylar, a lazy grin replacing the large smile that was on his lips.

I turned towards Luke, a soft grin pulling at my lips as I looked at him. The blonde boy stood close by, his hands in his pockets as he watched. "You too, mister," I said, playfully poking his chest with my index finger. The blue eyed boy grabbed my hand, laying palm flat against his chest - right above his steady beating heart. He laid his hand over mine, his gaze holding my own, "I wouldn't dream of it."

​​​​​
"I want to do that again, except without you and Luke and the parents - no offense," Skylar ended quickly, smiling sheepishly at me.

I laughed, sitting up on her bed, pulling my knees to my chest. "Mm, none taken," I murmured, laying my head against the headboard as I stared up at the ceiling. The blue eyed beauty beside me smiled softly, glancing at me before looking up at the ceiling too.

We just sat like that for awhile, nothing being said - and nothing had to be. The both of us were content with being with our thoughts, thinking about the events that had occurred an hour prior to this time. I liked to be quiet and think about things; go back over and mull them over - Skylar likes to talk about the event and verbally recount things. It's because of this that these times were so rare. For Skylar to be so quiet, without her being asleep or dead, confused people to no end. It made me uneasy the first time she acted like this with me. However, I had grown to like these times, and they usually only happened when Skylar really liked a guy. This hasn't happened in some time because of, as I've mentioned before, Skylar's pining over Calum (and his failure to give the attention she desired.)

I believe that Skylar and I sat there for a little over an hour before a single word was spoken. It was she who had spoken, no shocker there, however, it was to say that she was tired and ready to go to sleep. I, who whole-heartily agreed with this, merely nodded, leaning over to turn off her bedside lamp.

She pulled back the covers , both of us getting under before she spoke again. "Goodnight, Vae," she murmured quietly,"love you."

I smiled softly, laying my head against my pillow,"Yeah, I love you, too."

---

I woke up to the violent shaking of Skylar's bed and a, annoyingly, familiar voice. My eyes opened to see the blinding rays of sunshine, shining from Skylar's window. A soft groan left my lips, my arms covering my eyes.

"Nevaeh! Wake up!" The person yelled, continuing to jump on the bed, "Vae (jump) Vae (jump) wake (jump) the hell (jump) up (jump) now!" ​​

I grumbled, flipping the said person off, pulling the soft duvet over my head, trying my best to block them out. However, said person wasn't having it - he was always a stubborn one.

"If you don't get up now, I'm going to eat all of the doughnuts that I brought over for you," Toby taunted, a smirk on his lips, and I knew that without even looking at him. My eyes shot open, my body instantly sitting up and throwing the blanket off of me.

​​​​​​. "Doughnuts? You better fucking not."

((Picture is Toby (the actor, Matthew Daddario) 😍))