Where It All Began

Draco POV:

It's my 7th year at Hogwarts. It's after the great Wizard War between the Dark Lord and Potter. There were only 20 students who went back for their last year. Those who weren't able to finish school due to war and the rebuilding of the school. I've decided to come back here, not because I want to, but because I didn't know what to do with my life yet. I don't want to work at the Ministry because of the reputation my father left after everyone found out he was a Death Eater. So that's crossed off my list. Besides, Potter works there with Weasly, and I just wouldn't get along with them in the same workplace. I have an idea in mind though. I would really like to be the Headmaster of the school. But I don't think I'll be able to because of... well... nevermind. "Hello, Draco!" I looked up and saw Blaise sitting with Pansy and Astoria. I smiled and waved while I walked past them, wanting to get far away from my so-called friends. My mother wants me to marry Astoria because she's not only a Slytherin, but she is also a pureblood. I don't want to marry Astoria though. I've tried telling her that it doesn't matter whether or not some girl I have to marry is a pureblood or a Slytherin. Even though I used to think that way, but ever since thinking like that got my father into trouble, which ended up with him in Azkaban, I've become more, well... understanding that what wizards and witches used to think 100 years ago, isn't what wizards and witches of today think. I walk past a compartment that only had one person in it. I opened the door and immediately realised that it was The great Hermione Granger. How wouldn't have I known that she would be returning for her last year at Hogwarts? I dreadfully sat down opposite her, and I took a long, lasting look at her. She has cut her hair short, and it isn't as bushy as it was before. Her eyes seem didn't seem as alive as if her soul was dead. I left my sort of trance, to only catch Granger look at me. With disgust. "What are you looking at Malfoy?" I shook my head. "Nothing Mudblood." I snarled. We continued our journey to school by looking out the window for the entire time....

"Mummy?" 

"Yes Scorp?"

"What's a Mudblood?"

"A Mudblood is a very nasty word for someone who has magical powers but they also have muggle parents."

"So your one then?"

Draco looked at Hermione. "Lily, yes. Mummy is. But I don't want you going around saying that word. It's not very nice darling." Lily nodded her head vigorously. "Yes, daddy."

"Now... Back to the story shall we? I'll start now..."

Everyone replied with a yes, even Draco, who is involved with the story.

Hermione POV:

I sat down in an empty compartment. It's strange not having Harry or heck, even Ron with me. But they've decided to take up the opportunity to become Aurors at the Ministry. I was astounded that they were offered that job because normally, someone who wanted to become Aurors needed to complete the NEWTS and get top marks at that. I, for one, don't know what I want to do after school, so when I got this opportunity to come back for my 7th year, I thought that it would give me some time to decide what I  want to become when I leave Hogwarts. I know, it seems like I would be the sort of person to have my entire life figured out, but I don't. I sat there, with just my own thoughts, when I heard the door to the compartment open, and I saw a tall boy, with blonde hair and bright blue eyes that seemed really dull... Features I know all too well. Features that belong to the infamous Draco Malfoy. To be honest, he looked pretty handsome... Something I've never noticed about Malfoy before. What am I thinking? Draco? Handsome? Two words that I never thought I say or even think! But I did think that... and I think it might be true. Even more true than it may seem... I felt Draco staring daggers at me before I decided to stare daggers right back at him. It took Draco a good 5 minutes to realise I was staring back at him, but eventually, he came out of his trance with a small shake of his head. I decided to say something. Harsh to. "What are you looking at Malfoy?"

"Nothing Mudblood."

Wow... that was even more harsh. After that, we spent the entire train ride to Hogwarts looking out the window, and not talking to eachother. A silence that was unbearable. And in no time, we were at Hogwarts. Draco quickly stood up, and left as soon as possible. I don't blame him. Who would want to stay around a filthly Mudblood anyway. I grimaced as I remembered all those times when Draco called me Mudblood either to my face or behind my back, and the laughter his friends put in. I also grimaced because or the scars that lined all the way up my forearm as I remembered the blood that came out of each indivdual scar. 

A/N: Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed the first offical chapeter of my Dramoine fanfic! Any nice critisism momments or just comments in general are always appreciated! Thanks so much!