Seven.

"And Troye," he continued "if you want to be a singer, you can be a singer."

"Thank you, Connor, but I'll never be a singer. My parents support me, but they don't really know what I'm doing. They prefer me having a good job. They prefer me being a lawyer or a doctor. Or at least having a job, because right now I don't have a job, and I'm searching for it, but I didn't find something interesting yet."
I felt even more down, hungover and unhappy. "I'm just so tired, Connor."

"I get it, Troye. My parents didn't want me to do what I love either. They didn't believe I could own a company. Neither did they believe it would become so successful. But here I am, owning Common Culture, the company I've always dreamt of."

"Yes. You're lucky."

"Troye. All I have is the brand. I don't have cool friends, I don't have my parents, because they didn't want me to join the family anymore because of the brand. I don't have a bo- eeh girlfriend. I don't have anything to be proud of, only my brand."

My heart started beating faster. A tickle in my stomach. I couldn't think straight. Did I hear that well? Connor started blushing.
"Connor, are you -"
"NO"
"Connor, it doesn't matte-"
"NO"
He looked away, has face was all red, like he was ashamed of something. I tried to ease him by stroking his shoulder, but he moved away quickly.
"GO AWAY" he yelled at me
"Connor, listen to m-'"
"NO"
"Connor, please" I said "please don't be sad, it's okay"
"NO. GO AWAY"
"Connor don't worry I won't tell anybody anything. But I'm not leaving you like this."
He looked at me, tears streaming down his face.
"Connor, the reason you don't live with your parents isn't the brand, is it?"
Connors tears were streaming faster and faster. He looked ashamed.

"It's okay Connor" I sat next to him, and hugged him. "It's okay, honey, don't worry." I stroked his back.
"T-t-ro-oye?" He asked silently
"I'm here" I answered
"T-t-ro-oye, please don't leave"
"I won't honey... I won't."
"Troye I- I'm so s-scared"
"So am I, Connor. So am I."

"T-troye" he continued.
"Yes honey"
"T-troye, I've been thinking about this whole g- eeh- hom- eeh- you know, this thing, and I- I a- I am so scared, Troye. I tried to- to tell my parents, but they- but they- they-" and he continued crying, sobbing, so loud he couldn't talk anymore.
"It's okay Connor, you don't have to talk. I understand what you mean. You don't have to explain. Calm down a little first."

We hugged.
He didn't talk. And I didn't either. It was just us sitting together on the couch. In silence. I hated it to see him so unhappy. I hated it to see his pain.
I didn't know what he felt. My parents had been very supportive when I came out. I was so sad things like this were still happening. We were living in freaking 2016, and there were people bullied, beaten up and shut out of their own families just because of being themselves. I was sad, crying, mad, in love and there were so much more feelings overwhelming me. But I couldn't break down in tears right now. Connor needed me.

I softly tickled his arm, looking at him. He was still crying. He was shaking too.
"Connor, it's okay. Calm down a little, honey. It's okay. I'm here. We don't have to tell anyone."

He slowly nodded. He must have been exhausted. He carried drunk me home last night, he was living all on his own, running a brand, and keeping a secret.
And I know that this was a very exhausting secret to keep. And that you just burst out in tears sometimes because of your secret. And sometimes you are so tired of keeping it, but you just can't say it. And sometimes, when it seems like you accepted it, you actually haven't and burst out in tears again.
I know how he felt. And I couldn't do anything about it.
Just taking a little care of him.
"Do you want me to make you coffee?" I asked him.
"T-troye-" he said
"Yes honey"
"Please don't leave. Can we just stay here for a little longer?"
"That's okay Connie"
He smiled a little smile, probably because I called him Connie.

We stayed there for a long time.
It was almost 8 pm when my mom called.
We both had fallen asleep on the couch.

My mom asked me where I was, so I explained the whole thing to her. She wasn't mad at all. She told me I could stay as long as I wanted. So I settled down next to the sleeping Connor on the couch.

"I want to sleep next to you" I whispered "and that's all I want to do right now"
I saw him smiling in his sleep.
And oh, I was so in love with him.