Twenty-eight

We walked to my parents house. I knew this was going to be hard for Connor. Really hard. He hadn't seen his parents for years, and mine are so supportive. Well, they prefer me being a lawyer or a doctor, but they accepted that too. I'm following my dreams.

I was overthinking again. I grabbed Connors hand, but he pulled his away.
"Con, if you don't want to go, you don't have to!" I told him. I saw something was wrong.
"No, no, I really want to go. I'm just not comfortable with holding hands in here. Everybody knows each other here, you know. They know my parents too. It's not a good idea to hold hands in public because when they see it they'll tell my parents and they'll be so mad and I don't want that and I just want to be happy and I -I-I"
He couldn't talk anymore.

I wanted to hug him, but I knew he wouldn't want that in public. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't put my arm around his shoulder either, he'd push me away.
"C'mon, let walk, it's just a short walk, we'll he there in a minute and then we can hug, 'kay?
"Mmh-mmh" he nodded and started walking.
We walked fast and didn't say a word.

When we arrived at my old home, I rang the doorbell and my mom opened the door real quick.
We hugged.
This was the first time she met Connor, so they just shook hands.
"You must be Connor" my mom said.
"Indeed, and you must be Mrs. Mellet?"
"Oh please call me Laurelle" my mom said with a smile.

We got in and walked to the kitchen, where my dad was cooking dinner.
"Hi, I'm Shaun, I hope you like tortillas." He said, while he reached out his hand to shake Connors'.
"Connor, I love tortillas" Connor replied.

I looked at him. He was still not feeling well, I could see that.
"Why don't you show Connor you old room?" My mom said.
I thought that was a good idea, because I could talk him down a little when we were together.
"Okay, let's go" I said, and walked to the stairs, Connor following me.
My room was pretty cute, although I say that myself. There were these lights behind my bed and there was selfmade 'art' on the wall.
Connor said he liked it.

"Con, are you sure you are okay?"
"Yes I am. I just need a hug."

So I hugged him. And when I did that, I felt that my t-shirt became wet from his tears. I softly kissed his hair, while stroking his back. I felt his head moving up, looking at my face.
"Hi" he said with a small voice
"Hi" I responded

I closed my eyes, and so did he. Our heads slowly moved to each other.
The little sparkle in my stomach came back and kept burning. Our bodies were so close to each other.
My hands were moving upwards, and I held his head in my hands. I felt his breath near my neck, and we both took a deep breath.
I felt his warm lips pressing to mine, and we were so in love. We were floating on cloud nine together. It felt like we were flying through the sky, we were passing planets, shooting stars and silver moons.

"BOYS, DINNER IS READY" we heard from downstairs.
We immediately pulled away and looked at each other. We smiled, hugged again and went downstairs.