Two

Two

111 days until the wedding

     Ironic is what it is.

     When a seemingly awkward event occurs and your brain won't let you forget it. When you wake up dreading the day because of it, but then you remember your mom bought new cereal for breakfast and the dread temporarily subsides. You like to believe the day won't be terrible until you stuff a spoonful of cereal in your mouth and your brain reminds you of the last time you stuffed food into your face. 

     I turn the lever in the shower to cold, hoping the cold water will literally blast the memory out of my brain for the rest of the day, or maybe it'll even freeze me to the point where I can be like Queen Elsa and officially let it go.

     That's all I really want to do. That's all I'm telling my damn brain to do, but it won't listen. Then again, it never listens. No matter how hard we all try to focus on the bright side and remember the so called 'good times' our stupid conscious finds it more fulfilling to torture us with unwanted thoughts. Last night wasn't even that awkward anyway, which brings me to another thing our brain likes to do. Make awkward situations appear even more awkward with constant over analysis of it all.

     Once everyone blinked back at my chipmunk like form for a few seconds last night Aubrey's fiancé, Benjamin, or Ben, Cooper, being the incredibly sweet guy he is and completely unfazed by the situation at hand, immediately introduced arrogant jogger guy as Nathaniel Graham.

     In return, Nate, as jogger guy was quick to correct Ben, then flashed me with a grin that most likely appeared friendly to everyone else, but I only knew the true meaning of it. His grin meant that I was the girl that spilt my frappe on him, and in return got frappe down my own shirt.

     As I continued to stare back at Nate's grin, and gathered my analysis of it, Ben continued to introduce me and once he was done I, in turn, sent Nate a closed mouth smile of my own, that proved to be cheekier than I intended because my cheeks were full. Honestly, I think the whole situation was just plain old cheeky and by cheeky, I mean peachy in the most sarcastic way possible.

     "Hey, Avery."

     A screech tumbles out of my lips as the block of white soap slips from my fingers. I quickly pick it up before shutting the water off and pushing my naked body into the back left corner of the shower.

     "What the hell, Aubrey?"

     "Oh, calm down. I didn't see anything."

     I glance over my shoulder only to find my sister looking at herself in the mirror, promptly blocking my body out with her own. She messes with her wavy red hair that happens to be just about a shade darker than mine and also a few inches shorter.

     Once she's satisfied, she sighs. "I just wanted to ask you a question."

     "And you couldn't wait two seconds?"

     My older sister brushes my question off with a wave of her hand as she opens up the mirror that also acts as a cabinet door, and pulls out a bottle of perfume. "I was just wondering if you wanted to be my maid of honor."

     I automatically snort out a laugh, but then quickly clamp my lips shut when her words are officially registered by my brain.

     "Are you serious?" I ask wanting to make sure that she really is.

     "Yes." She nods back at me in the mirror and that's when I turn back around, realizing I was facing her in all my naked glory. "Why wouldn't I be?"