6. A Walk to Remember

Iseul

Sungyeol grabs my bag and carried it for me. "I have my own hands, Sungyeol. Give it back to me," I protested.

"I don't want to," he shrugs and fixes the bag on his shoulder.

"My hands are perfectly working, Sungyeol."

"I know..."

"Then give it back to me!"

"Don't want to..."

Students are exchanging their stares at me and Sungyeol once again. I've been receiving stares recently and been the topic for a week now. The boys are always around me and Sungyeol gives extra attention to everything I do.

"Quit complaining and let me just bring it for you," he said and walks out of the classroom. I immediately follow him. Classes ended and we are now going home.

As we got out of the building, strong breeze of air immediately welcomed us which made my skirt flew up. I squealed and immediately lower it down again with my hands.

"Shit!" I heard Sungyeol mumble. He placed my bag down, took his uniform blazer off and took long strides towards me. He tied the blazer around my waist and help me fix my uniform as well.

"Why does your uniform have to be so short?" He mumbles as he continues what he is doing.

"Compared to the skirts of other students here, my skirt is considered an ahjumma version of it," I said which made him chuckle. He stands straight and lightly punches my cheek.

"Silly," he said and grabs my bag from the ground and continued our way out of the school. The other boys are already waiting for us as we arrived at the gate.

"Isseeuuulll~" Dongwoo oppa screamed as soon as he saw me. He dashed towards me and draped his arm around my shoulder. "Let's go eat ice cream!"

"Your treat?" I beamed.

"Of course. For our princess," he said and bows like my presence is a queen. I chuckle and playfully hit his arm.

"Let's go!" Woohyun screamed and happily wrap his arm around Sungjong's neck and drag him with him. We all walk to the ice cream parlor with huge smiles on our faces.

********

"Annyeong-haseYOW, ahjussi," Dongwoo oppa merrily greet the owner of the store and imaginary shoots the man making his fingers a pretend gun. The man playfully copied what Dongwoo oppa did.

"Same flavors?" He asked as he starts scooping ice cream from his huge containers.

"Ne~" they all said in unison which made me giggle.

"Oh, you have a girl companion. Whose girl is she?" The man asks as he smiles at me which made his eyes disappear.

"She's our girl, ahjussi," Hoya said and wraps her arm around my shoulder.

"What do you mean our girl?" Sungyeol glares at Hoya and removes his hand from my shoulder.

"As what I can see, she's Sungyeol's girl," the man teased as he scoops more ice cream and places it on a bowl.

"I'm not!"

"She's not!"

Sungyeol and I said in unison. We glanced at each other and I was not able to stop my blushing cheeks.

"You're blushing!" Sungjong laughs and I glare at him. Should he blurt out what he observes?

"Stop teasing the beautiful young lady now," the man said as he placed the bowls of ice cream on our table. "What can I serve you, pretty lady?"

I giggle at his actions and looks at the menu. "Hmmm... Do you have smoothies, ahjussi?"

"Of course, I do," the man said and goes to his working place again. "What flavor do you want?"

"I want strawberry," I beamed. The man made what I requested and after minutes, he returned to our table with a strawberry smoothie on his right hand and a banana milk on his left hand.

"One strawberry smoothie and a free banana milk," he merrily said as he placed them in front of me. He then went back to his working place and fix the mess he made from making our orders.

"Is your friend still in his mute mode?" The man ask referring to Myungsoo. Myungsoo just kept his expressionless face while eating his ice cream. "I bet he'll be mute forever," the man teased more.

"I'm not mute, ahjussi," Myungsoo coolly said before bringing a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth.

"Oh my Lord! Are my ears functioning well?" Woohyun oppa over reactedly said as he faced Dongwoo oppa.

"He spoke!" Dongwoo copied Woohyun's reaction.

They both clasped their hands together and looks at Myungsoo. "It's a miracle!"

These dorks!

Myungsoo gives them deathly stares. "Shut up or I'll make both of you!" That made all of us laugh and when I look at him, he gives me this stare again just like in the library a week ago.

**********

We all bid our goodbyes and headed our separate ways back home. Sungyeol comes with me insisting that he should walk me home. Light posts at the side of the streets begin to light up. Soft breeze suddenly blew and my eyes automatically shut. I'm enjoying my two weeks at school very much.

"Sungyeol," I call out as I walk backwards for me to see him.

"Walk properly, Iseul," he said as he put his free hand in his pocket.

"Sungyeol-ah," I call out again and he chuckles.

"What?"

I stare at him and tilt my head. He stares back at me. "Thank you," I said in almost a whisper.

"For what?"

"For always being there for me," I smile at him. He stares intently at me while I give him a warm smile.

"Stop," he says.

"Huh?" I crease my eyebrows as I continue walking backwards.

"Stop, Iseul..."

My playful side switches on and I teasingly looks at him as I take slow walks backwards. He dashes towards me and I immediately turn around to run away. But as I spun to escape from him, my head banged at a light post.

"Ouch!" I hold my head from pain and my eyes went teary from the strong impact.

"Jeez, Iseul! I told you to stop," Sungyeol said as he came near me. "Come here... Let me see..."

He touches my hand which are covering my forehead. He tip my chin up using his fingers and inspects my forehead.

"You, clumsy," he whispers as he rub my forehead with his thumb. "Does it hurt?"

I blink my eyes rapidly as I realize how near our faces are. I can smell his scent which soothes my senses. This gave me the opportunity to stare at his facial features. My eyes went to his eyes, his nose, down to his lips.

"Iseul..."

"Y-yes?" I look back at his eyes and he gives me this stare I can't identify. He looks down to my lips and I involuntarily gulp. My heart is pounding so fast I think it will come out of my throat.

He keeps on staring at me and my breathing went faster each passing second. He then ruffle my hair and smile. "Don't be clumsy again next time," he took steps backwards and grab my bag which he left on the ground. He must have been in a hurry to get to me to try to stop me from bumping onto the post.

"Let's go," he walks past me and I just follow his retreating back with my gaze. I held my chest and tried to calm myself. This walk will bug me for the whole night for sure.