12. Troubled

Iseul

What is her relationship with Sungyeol? She'll wait for him? What does that even mean? I've known Sungyeol for a very long time but I was not aware that he dated before. I mean he's always at my little house after his school and talks about random stuff until I drift to sleep. I just wake up the next day that I am already on my bed.

Someone tugs my bag which made me stumble back. "Watch where you're going," he said. I look in front of me and there is a light post I did not notice earlier due to thinking too much.

I fix the strap of my backpack over my shoulders and continued walking. I can feel his presence behind me. I clearly saw in his eyes earlier that he wants to tell me something. To clear something. But why is he being silent? I kick a pebble on the way and huff.

"We're here," I heard him say. I look up to notice that we are already in front of Mr Choi's residence.

I turn to him, not looking at him but instead at the ground. "I'll get inside now. Walk home safely," I said and is about to turn and walk away when he holds my wrist. That made me look at him and he immediately plants a quick but soft kiss on my lips.

"Yah, Mr Choi might see us," I whisper as I hide my lips with the back of my hand.

His hand is still holding my wrist and he pulls me closer. He leans his forehead on mine and closed his eyes. I stare at his slightly parted lips.

"It was just a bet," he said almost in a whisper. "Our relationship before was just a bet."

I close my eyes as well and feel his breath on my face. So they really were in a relationship. "For how long?" I blurt out my thought.

He slightly pulled away and stares at me. His hands are on both sides of my waist. "Does it matter?"

I look down to avoid his gaze. "I... I'm just curious."

"Look at me," he whispers and when I did not oblige, he tilt my chin up to meet his gaze. "I love you."

The way he says it melts my heart and I was not able to stop the smile that formed my lips. Geez, Iseul! Your heart already went crazy just because of that three words. He pulls me closer and pressed my body on his to give me a hug. He bury his face on the crook of my neck and I felt him kiss it.

"Nothing can compare to how I feel for you, Iseul," he whispers. His face still hidden on my neck. "Nothing..."

I cling my hands on his neck and bury my hands on his hair. "Always be with me, Sungyeol."

"Always..."

********

"Sungyeol, where am I going to place this box?" I heard Hoya oppa asked.

"Just place it near the stage. I'll deal with it later," Sungyeol responded.

"You can't beat me!" Woohyun oppa chuckles.

"Oh yeah? Let's see," Dongwoo oppa challenges. Both of them are holding meter stick and pretends that they are sword. These retards!

Sungyeol dashed towards them and snatched the meter stick from Dongwoo oppa. He hit their heads with it lightly enough to scold them I giggle at what I am witnessing. "Stop playing! I thought you want to go home early."

"We're just having fun," Dongwoo oppa whined as he rubs his head.

"Have fun later once we finished," Sungyeol scolds more.

"Yes, sir!" Both of them stood straight and salute at him. He is about to hit them with the meter stick but they immediately scurried off.

Sungyeol turns while shaking his head from frustration when his eyes meet mine. I give him my sweetest smile and he reciprocate. He  walks towards me and as a habit, I grab my towel on my bag. I wipe his sweat on his face and he just stared at me all along.