Chapter 5: A Walk From McDonald's

Crushing? Me? I have a crush!? I've had crushes before but not like this. I couldn't stop thinking about him...Grant Kingsley. The group was sitting in McDonald's because we were all hungry after school and thus McDonald's popped into our heads. I sat quietly as Nyx eyed my food. I turned and looked at her "No." I said bitting my Big Mac. I slouched back and sighed. "Hey, look who it is Freya." Amara said nudging me in the arm. I turned my attention towards the door only to see the sight of Grant walking in with his little sister. He ordered a Kids Meal and 10 piece chicken nuggets. Grant payed, gave the kids meal to his sister, and walked to a table to eat. I froze. I was once again hypnotized by his eyes. I suddenly felt the warmth of him the moment I bumped into him. Amara stared at me with convincing eyes. "Go talk to him." She ordered. "What!? N-" I began, but got cut off by her shrill voice "I won't take no for an answer!" She pryed me from my seat and pushed ne near his table. Grant and his sister both looked up at me, a bit jumpy from my sudden appearance, but still staring directly at me. "Uhm, hey..you're the girl I bumped into at school today." Grant said recollecting his thoughts. "Mhm." I muttered. His little sister jumped up on et knees and smiled. "I'm Arabella! Do you like fries!?" She asked, full of adrenaline. "Nice to meet you Arabella, yes I do." I said in a soft tone as I turned towards her. Her light brown curls bounced up and down like springs. "She's a keeper Grant!" She whisper shouted to him. I smiled and blushed awkwardly. "Heh heh...sorry about her." He gave Arabella an annoyed look. "No no...she's no problem." I said. Arabella stuck her tongue out at Grant in a silly obnoxious way. I laughed a bit then froze when he asked me if I wanted to sit. 'What am I supposed to say!? Yeah, dude....no no...Sure! Oh no way.' I pondered in my head for a while until finally saying "Uhm...yeah, sure." I sat besides Grant, our feet and inch away from touching.

My friends had "left" without me so that Grant would offer to walk me home. What I mean by "left" is that they were hiding at another table reading news papers and putting their hoddies up so no on could see them. Grant looked out the window and sighed. "Well, it's getting pretty late. Want me to walk you home?" He asked as Arabella smiled big hoping for my answer to be a solid yes. "Uhm, sure." I awkwardly smiled and stood grabbing my bag. We left the fast food place and when he asked for some directions to my house, I was about to cry. I had forgotten the way. "No need. Just follow me." I mumbled, holding in the tears. He held his sister in his arms as we walked. "So, you like Fall Out Boy?" He asked and I nodded joyfully. "There my favorite band!" I replied. "My favorite song is..." I began "Favorite Record." We both said. We laughed in a kind of sync and continued on.