Chapter 58

Harry's POV:

"Are you going to eat?" I asked Kate as we sat down at the dinner table. She looked at her plate of spaghetti and then across the table at me.

"I'm not hungry..." She mumbled, her expression soft. I groaned, standing up and dragging my chair to be right next to her. She didn't look at me as I sat down.

"Kate," She's worrying me now. This is the third day and she hasn't eaten anything. She never flinched, just looked down at her plate. "Look at me." Nothing, like she's emotionless. I grabbed her chin and softly turned her face to look at me, sadness in her eyes. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing." She moved away from my hold, and picked up her fork.

"It's something." I'm trying to stay calm, but she's not being her and its scaring me that she's going to leave me again.

"No." Her voice sounded so helpless, her energy seemed so low as she swirled spaghetti on her fork.

"You're my girlfriend, were in a relationship. Relationships consist of telling each other what's wrong, Katelyn." She hates it when I call her by her full name, and that's probably going to be what gets her to tell me what's wrong.

She mumbled something, but I couldn't make out what it was. It was to quiet, almost as if she never even said anything.

"What was that?" I questioned, staring at her. She tried to just not look at me, but I forced her to. I softly grabbed her chin again, turning her to look at me. She closed her eyes, her skin seemed paler, and she seemed sick.

"It's Dan." As soon as the words fell from her mouth, I stood up. She looked up at me, sadness in her eyes.

"What about him?" Stay calm, stay calm.

"His death.." Her words were coming out as mumbles, but I could hear them.

"And why do you fucking care?" Why does she? He beat the shit out of her, never listened to her, hurt her, and so much more shit.

"Cause I knew him for so long," she looked away from me and I looked down at her. She's pissing me off. This is the reason she's been upset for days? "And I did date him..."

"And who are you dating now? Oh, you want him back if he was alive?" I stepped away from her, anger building inside of me.

"Of course not!" She stood up, her tired eyes looking at me. "It's just after everything Harry! We break up, I almost get pregnant, then I find out that my ex has been killed! Should I be happy and jumping around giggling?" That's the most I've heard out of her for days. Maybe I should just keep pissing her off so she can talk more.

"Why do you care about him being dead? Shouldn't you be happy?" I snapped. She frowned, standing up straight and glaring at me.

"I don't wish death on anyone Harry! You shouldn't either." I only wish death on him. And oh hey, my wish came true.

"Whatever. Go to fucking Dans grave and beg him to take you back." My words came out harsher than I planned, but I just walked away and went upstairs to the bedroom. This isn't right. I understand that death isn't right for anyone, but after everything he put her through, why should she care?

I could just imagine her getting thrown into the wall, crying out and watching Dan as he towered over her, his knuckles pounding into her sensitive skin. Or how he could kick her to the ground and leave her there to cry. Or how he would throw her onto the couch, climb on top of her, and roughly make out with her while she pleaded for him to stop.

How could she miss that?

I sat down on the bed and put my elbows on my knees, my breathing harsh like I had been running for hours.