4. It's Not A Drought...

A/N: Edit in the sidebar (Media tab for mobile)

Darien Grace

"Jasmine Rae McKenney!" I raged, bursting through the door to the only study room on that level. I'd been seething ever since I'd left the lecture hall and the dark Adonis within it. Pent up sexual tension had left me on edge and I was a spark away from bursting into a raging inferno. I knew that I was yelling and that I could probably be heard throughout the entire hall, but I didn't give a fuck.

She visibly started at my outburst, dropping the manuscript she had been running lines from to the ground in a flurry of highlighted pages.

"Ren! I'd finally made it through Katherine's monologue! I've been butchering those lines all week!"

"I'm about to butcher something else," I quipped. She didn't hear me.

"You know how important this roll is! Caleb and John promised that if I land the roll they would take us to the Globe over Christmas break! That's London, Ren, London!"

"There are enough stuffy foreigners in my life at the moment, thank you very much."

"Wha-...? Oh! So how was Professor McDreamy? Did you get a taste of his tea and cookies?"

"Tea and cookies? Good to know I can be such a positive influence on your innocent little mind."

"Innocent my ass, if he and Daddy-o weren't best buds I'd have already made my claim on that soil."

"Care to explain how someone who is able to give an entire lecture hall an orgasm just by the tone of his voice landed a student-teaching gig?"

"Just his voice huh? How long has it been then? One week, two? God, don't you dare say the drought has lasted longer than three."

"It's not a drought... just a bit of a dry spell..."

"How long?"

"Since Steven."

"Since Steven? That's what," she paused, counting off the weeks in her bubbly blonde head, "Two months? You've been celibate for Two months?" I could feel heat rising up to tint my cheeks. I never blushed. I was avidly against the entire concept. What was there to be embarrassed about? The way you look? Sex? Desire? Fuck no. If you feel embarrassed because of something as natural as a wet dream then fuck, your life must suck. I was comfortable with my body and I'd be damned if I was afraid to admit that I liked it hot and hard. So for Jas to make me blush, well, it was a kodak moment.

"I've been a bit preoccupied," I tried, dropping into an overstuffed leather armchair and fidgeting with my bag. (I couldn't deny that having connections to the NYU staff was fan-fucking-tastic. Screw stuffy residence halls and the over crowded study rooms in the library, Jas and I had made copies of Caleb keys. We had a free pass to almost every room on campus, authorized or not.)

"Mhmm, or that boy hurt you more than you let on and your poor bruised ego has needed time to recover," she teased, eyeing me with sad, knowing eyes.

"My ego isn't bruised," I mumbled, my subconscious lifting the icepack up off of her forehead and rolling her eyes at me. Okay, so maybe my ego was a little bruised. Steven had cheated on me. He cheated on me and left me for another guy. Not girl, G U Y. I'd practically grown up around a gay Mr. and Mrs. Beaver with Caleb and his partner, John, I should have known better. It was like my gaydar was completely broken. How had I not seen the signs? His fashion sense had put mine to shame for fuck's sake.

"Either way you need to get back in the saddle, missy," I glared at her as I pulled my mac out of my bag, plugging my Beats in and lifting them up to adjust them over my ears.

"So how will you be riding, Ren? English or western?" She was openly mocking me now and I couldn't help the heat that rushed to pool between my thighs at the thought of riding a particular Englishman. Australian... British? What ever the fuck he was.

Fuck. I really needed to do something about these fantasies. Maybe Jas was right, it had been too long.

"You know me, Jas, Land of the Free, Home of the Brave. A patriot till the end," I forced a laugh, winking at her as she shook her head with a grin.

"Western it is then. Good thing DC is throwing their annual Cowboys and Sex Toys party this weekend. You'd think they'd come up with a better name after what... eight years?"

"Hey, I like a good role play every now and then," I laughed, twirling a stray wisp of purple silk around my forefinger.

"BDSM Max Azria it is then."