Full Character Map

I don't like to give full background information whenever I introduce characters. I feel as if readers should get to know the characters as the story progresses and as the characters discover each other. However, that being said. I know that a lot of y'all are very confused as to how the relationships are working within Sonata and a character map seemed to be the best way to clear up any confusion. Not every quirk within each of the character's personalities and lives will be explained. That would cancel out the fun of discovery. I hope this helps. Love you all! ♡Elle

Darien (Ren) Grace: Main character (obvi). Sassy as fuck, the ultimate feminist. Born in New Orleans, Louisiana. Approximately 20 years old. Junior in college. Music major, English minor.

Stella: Ren’s vagina personified. Some men name their penises, she named her vagina. Simple as that.

Harry Styles: Also known as Professor Styles. Approximately 25 years old. Originally from the United Kingdom. Graduate student at NYU, guest lecturer for 1 semester. Comparative Literature and English double major.

Jasmine McKenney: Ren’s best friend and Caleb and John’s adopted daughter. Born and raised in New York City. Approximately 20 years old. Junior in college. Cinema Studies major.

Caleb and John McKenney: Homosexual couple, Jas’s adoptive dads. Caleb is a favored English professor at NYU, he is also one of Ren’s favorites. Caleb and John act to fill the void left in Ren’s life from her obvious lack of parental involvement. Working to push Ren into attending Juilliard.

Maddox (Max) Greer: Harry’s best friend. Originally from Atlanta, Georgia. Roommates with their mutual friend Leala Kaine. Approximately 24-25 years old. Graduate student at NYU. History and Philosophy major.

Leala (Lee) Kaine: Harry’s best friend. Originally from the United Kingdom. Roommates with Maddox (Max). Is an out lesbian and feminist. Quick to judge and hard to love. Approximately 22 years old. Student at NYU. Religious Studies Major and Gender and Sexuality Studies Minor.

Gregory Davies: Originally from Boston, Massachusetts. President of Delta Chi. Ren’s ex and on and off fuck buddy. Obviously in love with her. Approximately 22 years old. Senior at NYU. Biology Major, Chemistry Minor.

Jeffery Lewis: Originally from Anderson, Indiana. Vice President of Delta Chi. Obsessed with Ren. Approximately 22 years old. Senior at NYU. Computer Science and Economics Major.

Madame Dupond: Originally from Le Havre, France. Professor of Music at NYU. One of Ren’s favorite professors. Acts as a motherly figure towards Ren. Together with the McKenneys, she provides a stable environment for Ren. Is working with Caleb and John to push Ren to attend Juilliard.

Gabrielle (Gabby) Scott: Bar tender at Pete’s. Originally from New York City. Engaged to Peter (owner of Pete’s), although it is an open relationship. Bisexual. Aproximately 21 years old. Senior at NYU. Psychology Major.