49. What Are The Stakes?

We just had to make it through Thanksgiving tomorrow and the Christmas Gala on the sixteenth and then we were home free. We could do it. We had to. Our otherwise was depending on it. I needed him more than I'd ever needed anyone and it was terrifying.

Darien Grace

"Rise and shine, baby doll," a gorgeously deep, rasping voice quipped, throwing the black out curtains back, his overly excited voice grating.

"Fuck off," I growled, rolling over onto my stomach and throwing my heavy comforter over my head to block out the devil's light filtering into my bedroom. Harry and I had been up for most of the night, trying out a few of the new tricks Jas and I had found during our monthly research session. When it came to staying on top of our game, Jasmine McKenney and I were hardcore professionals. We had a subscription to some of the fucking hottest erotica in the media. We were talking books, movies, magazines, catalogues, even a few pamphlets, plus the occasional and oh-so exceptional 'sample package'; it payed to know what you wanted and to spend your entire lifesavings on sex toys. We had our shit together. We'd sit down with a bucket of popcorn in the apartment, pop a disk in the BluRay and start taking notes. These creative fuckers (yes, pun intended) kept coming up with new shit every time I looked away. Some of the shit was so goddamn out there it made you cringe, but some of it... fuck it was hot.

I'd yet to convince the Darling Professor to try some of my more particular tastes, but it was at the top of my goddamn todo list. Jesus, you should have seen his face when I opened the small mahogany chest at the foot of my bed. On the top were stacks of blankets, sheets, and linens. Beneath, well, beneath was my collection. After our monthly research sessions, Jas and I would always go out to the local boutique and pick up the essentials.

Jesus, the collection I had. Thousands of dollars had gone into building this shit up and I was damn proud of it. Top of the line Lelo everything- their shit was the equivalent to the Lamborghini of sex toys. Charlie had come from their collection and he had been fan-fucking-tastic for a while, but after having to get yourself off with him for three months straight he kind of lost his touch (well, for Stella anyway- picky bitch). His upside, though, was that he was waterproof. All of Lelo's shit was. Jesus, the waterproofing was the best part. They were all pool and bathtub friendly which made them some of the most exciting things in all of existence. We hadn't gotten to play with my favorite of my toys yet, but they were next. Oh, holy fuck, were they next.

When I'd opened the chest though, he hadn't even seemed to have notice the true gems of my collection; his eyes immediately zeroed in of the four or so pairs of leather handcuffs folded up in neat little piles inside of their plush satin lined box. These along with the two or so odd pairs at my apartment, made up the six pairs in my collection. Some may call it excessive, I chose to think of it as creative and proactive. I was prepared for anything. Beneath the cuffs and various vibrators was another drawer of sorts holding several variations of blindfolds, dick rings, anal beads, nipple clamps- basically all of the shit that 50 Shades had made famous. Jesus, I hated that shit sometimes. It was like the second I brought up handcuffs people asked me if I'd learned my shit from E.L. James. Half the time, I had to restrain myself from punching the assholes out because news flash BDSM was a thing before a Twilight FanFiction made it famous. Don't get me wrong, that was some good shit. Bitch did her research, but people tended to think of it as the end all be all. She didn't invent erotica.

God, I swore the world was regressing into the dark ages. As fun as that kind of medieval bondage shit would be naked, I was good with the here and now; there was always room for experimentation later.

Unfortunately for my kinky majority, the Darling Professor couldn't exactly process what I'd shown him. He wouldn't let me play and I was frustrated as fuck, but now I had a plan. I was going to get my way and it was going to be fucking epic. He'd shown me his darker side before and it had been so fucking strong I'd been sure he'd jump on this shit. He'd spanked me in his office for fuck's sake! And in the shower at Delta Chi, I'd seen it in his eyes when he'd pulled his belt off. He wanted me to feel it and I'd wanted to, holy fuck, had I wanted to. The difference between us though, was that I was used to this shit. I knew what it was and what I liked. He had his darkness, but it seemed to be something that only I could pull out of him in extreme circumstances. He was too damn controlled, it pissed me off. He needed to loosen the straps on his suspenders and get with it.