Building Faith

We all waited, frozen.
We didn't dare move until we could tell Conner and Jason were a safe distance away.
Percy and Annabeth both relaxed the second they were, the enhanced hearing demigods have allowed them to be awear of when they had left the 'school'.

Let's go find her Annabeth mouthed.

We nodded before silently creeping down the corridor we had been told to go to.
We had done our fair share of sneaking around during our lives, making us experts at it by now.
The corridor was horrible, saying that, the whole place was. There was a constant dripping sound of a leaking pipe, and the support beams had been smashed out, making it an obstacle course to get down the small isle. I swear to gods, about a hundred rats were there as well, which wasn't to surprising considering how much food and litter was tossed on the floor.

When we reached the door, we once again stopped.
Annabeth and Percy both looked at me while stepping back, a clear indication of who had been chosen to enter first.

Great.

I placed my shaking hand on the door nob and quickly turned it, allowing the door to silently swing open.
The sight I was greeted with caused me to have to suppress my screams of horror.
Charlotte was chained to the wall, in only a very small, torn T-shirt which barely covered her. Her hair was wild and matted and she had deep cuts all over her skin which was also littered with cracks.
I didn't get how humans could do this to a vampire.
My eyes met hers as a small gasp left my lips, her own were pitch black, full of so much emotion yet so empty at the same time.
She looked terrified, so pained and wild, like a wild untameable beast trying to be tamed.
I could tell how strong her spirit was, she was a selfless being with a heart of gold.
Maybe I see what Izzy meant about them.

Told you! She snorted.

Yea whatever.

A warning growl burst threw Charlotte's lips, showing her venom coated teeth.
She tried to back herself into a corner but was stopped by the chains, causing her to become restless. Growls, snarls and hisses burst through her lips as she tried to free herself.
I began worrying about her, she could hurt herself as well as us.
I was hoping she would be able to clean as dress herself, apparently not.
She was to far gone.

"Hypnos" I muttered quickly, instantly knocking her out.

"Realy? Sleep?" Percy asked.

"Yes, what else, death?" I said sarcastically.

"Oh.."

"Yes, exactly now out" I ordered, pointing towards the door.

"Why?" He asked.

"I'm getting her changed that's why, go with him Annaeth, Charlotte is still completely awear of what's going on ya know" I said.

Oh they both mouthed, leaving the room and shutting the door on the way.

"OK Charlotte, I know your not exactly my biggest fan right now but I needed to do that. We're here to help you" I said walking over to her and unchaining her arms. They both fell limply to her side when I had done so.

I then picked her up and carried her to the adjoined bathroom. I placed her on the wicker chair as I turned on the taps on the bath. "I know you probably don't believe that, especially after my little show the other day. Remember when we first met, when I teleported to you and Peters home?" I asked. Even in her unconscious state, she let out a whimper at her mates name.
"Yes? And you asked, I quote 'what's with the funky aurora merging' well, now I'm going to answer that. Remember what I'm the goddess of? War, nature, magic and the supernatural. A part of my soul, is in you, it created you"

It has a name! Izzy screamed.

"Sorry, she created you" I said, correcting myself. "That's how you know I won't hurt you, I'm going to wake you now Ok? I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to kill me hun" I said, clicking my fingers and waking her up.

She bolted up, flipping into the corner and scanning the room with her eyes. Once she saw no threat, she straightened up out of her crouch and looked at me. She then turned and stopped the flow of water coming from the bath tap. She dipped her hand in it and gasped as the cracks and burns instantly disappeared.
I may or may not have laced the water with liquid ambrosia.
A second later, she had dived into the bath, completely submerging herself in the lovely warm water. I waited for a few minutes before remembering vampires didn't breath.
Damn.
I quickly conjured a towel and some clothes for her and placed them on the chair next to the tub she was previously sat on.
After, I turned to leave the room to catch up with Percy and Annabeth. Just as I was about to shut the door, I heard the water move, I looked over and saw Charlotte had now moved her head out of the water.

"Thank you" she whispered.

"Any time" I replied, shutting the door quietly.

I knew it would take awhile for us to get close but we had to start somewhere. Right now, we were starting here.
Slowly, we were building faith.