Chapter 4

Eric's POV

After I left the room, I went straight to mine. It wasn't long till I was unbuttoning my shirt when I heard Becka yelled,

"Eric, thank you !"

Turning around I was tackled by an exciting and energetic Becka.

I made sure that she didn't fall on the ground so I made sure that she fell on top of me.

"Your welcome, cupcake." I said smiling.

We were so close, I wanted that chance to kiss her but I was interrupted by my phone ringing.

"I'm so so sorry, I'll be in my room." Becka said as she dashed out and later I heard her room door lock.

Sighing I picked up my phone off the dresser and looked at the caller ID, It was Issac.

"What's up?" I asked

"Dude the deal is on. We'll be starting in India and the next meeting will be further on in the day." Issac said .

"Thanks man but I gotta go now." I said, we talked a few more minutes then I hung up.

I got out my laptop and went downstairs into the dining room.

Hannah is out, I asked my driver to take her anywhere she needs to go, so its just me and Becka today.

When I reached the dining room, I heard noises in the kitchen. Curious I left my laptop on the table  and went into the kitchen and saw Becka sniffing.

Somehow I felt that I must have did something wrong.

"Becka?" I called out to her.

Her body tensed when she heard her name.

"I'm just gonna bake blueberry cake." She said not turning around.

Something is wrong, I took a couple steps forward till I was directly behind her.

"Becka, what's wrong and don't tell me nothing because you and I both know that something's wrong." I said while her back was still towards me.

She slowly turned around with her head down.

"Why would you care, no one never cared about me." She said.

"Becka, although I bought you, you are and always will be my responsibility. Let me help you like someone once did for me." I said as I took her hand in mine and led her out of the kitchen and into the dining room.

I pulled out a chair for her while I took one in front of her.

"Tell me what's wrong." I almost begged.

She took a deep breath, then she looked up at me.

"The night you bought me, my mom told me that I was a mistake and that I turned out like dad and not like her. She sold me for a million dollars, all because I'm trying to get her sober, she chose the money over me and now she can drink and go out with her friends instead of going out and know that she has me to take care of. Even the money I saved she searched my room and used all that money to buy alcohol." She said as tears streamed down her cheeks.

Wow, I did not know that her life was that rough.

"I'm so sorry Becka." I said.

"You're the only person who cared for me in a long while." She said as she got up and went back into the kitchen.

I sat there in silence as what she said played over in my head.

Right then and there I promised myself that I'm gonna take Carr of Becka no matter what.

I settled down to do some office work and a few more minutes Becka came in with lemonade.

"Here, it'll help you to relax a bit." She said handing me the glass.

"Thanks." I said.

She sat around the table but all along I hadn't even noticed that she had her laptop there, the one I bought for her.

She turned it on and within seconds she began typing. I watched her for a while, there's something about her that makes me feel complete.

And when I'm around any other girls I don't feel the way I do now.

_________________

1 in the afternoon

I managed to finish some office work and pack up but Becka was still their typing.

I didn't want to disturb her so I went up to my room.

Becka's POV

I'm still typing and surprisingly I had finished five pages of my book already titled 'Invisible Bruises.'

By the time I took a break I realized that Eric was gone.

I wish he just stayed.

Woah, don't do that Becka, he doesn't think of you like that. I thought to myself.

To get my mind off things for a while, I saved my work and shut the computer down. I got a bottle of water and went into the living room, I turned on the TV and watched The Hunger Games.

I soon heard someone descending the stairs and soon Eric entered the living room.

"Eric, can I ask you something?" I asked as he took a seat across from me.

"Um, would it be OK if I publish a book with the name Bericka Steadens?" I asked hoping he'll say yes.

"Why?" He asked.

"Its something I love to do, I already started it but I can finish it by next week Monday, I promise." I almost begged.

"Alright, I'll make sure it gets published but why the name Bericka Steadens?" He asked.

I blushed a little because of how I came up with the name.

"I um, I mixed Botha of our names together, I don't want people to know my identity especially my mom." I said as my heart raced.

"That's intriguing, deal." He said. I was so happy I jumped up and kissed him on the cheek.

My eyes widened as I realized what I did.

I was about to run but he grabbed me by my wrist pulling me back. I watched as he got up and gently pulling me towards him, our eyes not leaving each other.

My heart beat faster as he snaked his hand around my waist. I think my knees are going really weak as he started leaning in.

I think it will happen, he was so close and before he could make his final move  the front door opened.

"Eric, I'm back!"  Someone said loudly causing us to create some space between us.

"That must be Hannah, come I'll introduce you." He said as he pulled me into the kitchen where Hannah might be.