Day off

The next day we don't have school. The council said it was because we needed a break but I am pretty sure it's because the headmaster is worried about Cole.

I walk through the halls because I am extremely bored and have nothing else to do. I look around a corner and see Raven and Chris. Raven has changed into a more modern dress but she still sports the dark colors.

Chris looks at Raven with a worried look, "I don't want to take advantage of your gift

Chris looks at Raven with a worried look, "I don't want to take advantage of your gift."

She smiles at him, "I do not believe that is your intention. Ask them. I want you to. I've been wondering the same question"

"Do you know why we are here?" He asks her. His voice is shaking.

"The- the- plan- STOP! Alone? no. Enough. End." Raven falls but Chris catches her. He helps her stand up and they both look directly at me.

"You can come out Rainy," Chris says.

I walk around the corner. I walk over to them slowly.  What If they are angry? I don't want the death duo mad at me.

"You can walk faster," Chris laughs ," we are not going to hurt you."

I speed up my pace. "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to mess that up. I should have just left instead of eavesdropping."

"Rainy, we aren't mad."

"Defending, fear, frightened, loss, burden, hope, tryin-"

I wish she would stop revealing my feelings. Loss?! What did I loose? Burden? What is she talking about

"Raven, I'm not sure if this is the best time to let them communicate,"

"Apologies." She mumbles.

"I'm s-sorry for interrupting," I stutter.

"Don't feel bad," Chris smiles, slowly shaking his head at me like I'm a clumsy child.

I head off to see how Sunny is feeling. I walk into her dorm to see her sitting on her bed, twirling her necklace between her fingers.

"Hey," she says smiling up at me.

"Hey, how are you?" Immediately after saying this I realized how stupid of a question it was. Of course it's terrible. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that."

"It's fine. I'm actually feeling a bit better. They'll find a way to get him back. Right?"

That I wasn't so sure about but I didn't want to ruin her optimism. "Sure," I answer.

"Do you want to go do something?" She asks.

"Definitely."