Hiking

"White River Falls State Park?"

"Yeah," Sunny says. We walk onto the bus and pay. "It's absolutely magnificent. You'll love it.

We sit down. Sunny had told me to bring walking shoes. Apparently it will be a bit of a hike to get there.

"I'm so excited!" She says.

"What's it like?" I ask half wanting to know and half trying to distract her.

"Well the water is milky white and the sun, oh the sun! It shines beautifully on the rocks and you feel like you can do anything. You are away from the world, Away from your troubles. I think in nature we all belong. We aren't just 'that strange kid'. We can be us. We can be what we are supposed to be."

Just then we arrive at our stop. Ahead of us lies a trail. "Well Alonz-y!" Sunny yells.

She begins walking the trail and I follow her. I can hear birds, the air smells like nature. I'm not sure how to describe the smell but I think we are all familiar.

"How did you learn about this place?" I ask.

"Oh! I forgot to mention that. Sebastian showed it to me. His family had gone there with him for a long time. He gave me a picture of his mother here," She pulled out a picture and lined it up with the horizon.

 "She kind of looks like Luna!" I say

"That might be because that is Luna's mother."

"Oh yeah," I laugh at my stupidity. Sometimes I forget they are related.

"We are pretty high up here," Sunny smiles. She sits down on a ledge. "Isn't it beautiful? And we aren't even there yet. LOOK! No hands!" I pull out my camera and take a picture quickly.

She doesn't seem to notice

She doesn't seem to notice. We continue walking until I hear rushing water.

"Is that it?" I ask.

"Mhmm," she answers skipping ahead. When we reach the stream it is more spectacular than I imagined. It looked like gold was flowing from the rocks. It looked unreal. It looked-

Suddenly I feel wetness against my face

Suddenly I feel wetness against my face. "Sunny!" And our original peaceful trip turned into a splashing match.