1 | beginning

"You excited for the new move?" asked her Mum

"You excited for the new move?" asked her Mum. Athena couldn't help the smile on her face. Truth was, she couldn't wait and was absolutely excited. The nature and isolation would give her the privacy that she always desired and the space to practice her powers. Oops, should have probably mentioned that before, she's not exactly human but we'll get into that some more later. Her parents had adopted her when she was 3. Her Mum being a doctor gave her the opportunity to study the changes in Athena and how she was capable of doing what she could. Athena's Father being a hunter meant she had all the training needed to defend herself.

"Of course I am, Mum. I have more freedom and I have a feeling this place is going to do me some good." She couldn't describe the feeling but knew being here would be a new chapter in her life and that she would discover a lot about herself.

Her Mum suddenly snapped her fingers in remembrance, "I forgot to tell you, your Dad will be visiting this weekend. He thought it would be good idea for him to be here every second weekend, so that you don't fall behind on your training. I, of course agreed, and think it's a good idea."

"At least you remembered, we all know how forgetful you can be," she said to tease her Mum. Athena was very excited about Dad coming to visit as she had spend the past couple of weeks travelling with Mum and the fact that she don't see her Dad as often as she wanted. She had to agree with her Mum though, her Dad being here meant she didn't fall being on her training and there was no way she was losing control of her powers, especially after how long it took her to master them.

Her Mum chuckled, "Oh hush, I'm not that bad." We both laughed, knowing she indeed was that bad.

"How much longer till we're there?" She asked as she pouted. One thing Athena hated more than anything was driving for a long period of time, she preferred walking, running or taking her bike.

Her Mum smiled, "We're almost there, sweetheart. You are going to love the new house. Your Dad and I put together your room, just the way we know you like it. You are going to love your new room." Her Mum always knew what she liked and Athena learnt to trust her choice.

Athena stared out the window, till her Mum went down a small lane. Her jaw hung open when she saw the new house. It was beautiful. It was surrounded by trees and bushes and was mainly made up of green. The house itself looked spacious and had plenty of windows. The house was isolated from civilization for miles, giving them privacy. She not only loved the house but where it was too. "I love it, Mum. I can't believe this is out new house."

Her Mum giggled, "I knew you would love it

Her Mum giggled, "I knew you would love it. I guess it's my way of saying, 'I'm sorry we've moved so many times and I hope you'll like it here'." Athena ran over to her Mum, hugging her. Her Mum smiles, "Come on, let's get inside, so you can see your new room."

The house was absolutely gorgeous and Athena loved it. They made their way to her new bedroom and she couldn't stop the sequel that left her mouth. Her Mum laughed, "I knew you would love it." Of course she would, the room was perfect for her. Nature had always been her safe heaven and now she had a bedroom that she could retreat to when she wanted.

Athena's Mum had started dinner while she put everything in her room in place

Athena's Mum had started dinner while she put everything in her room in place. Athena sat on her bed,looking around and realised that everything was about to change soon. New school, new friends and new experiences. She knew everything was going to change and couldn't wait. Everything seemed so new and it felt good to start a new chapter in her life.

"Dinners ready," yelled her Mum, breaking her out of her train of thought. Athena make her way downstairs to find that her Mum had cooked a roast dinner, her favorite.

"Are you ready for school tomorrow?" asked her Mum.

Athena thought about it, and knew she was. "I am but for some reason I can't help but feel that everything is going to change. I don't mean like how we move all the time for your job but rather that something new is going to happen and I'm going to have to be prepared for what is going to come my way. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing but I know I'm going to have to ready for whatever comes."

Her Mum smiled, "I understand. Just know that me and your Dad are always here for you and that no matter what happens you're not alone. You're strong, smart and determined and I know you will get through anything that comes your way."

Shortly after finishing dinner, she made my way back to her room. Changing into her pj's, she got comfortable into her bed with a book. She decided to read 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban' once again before slowly drifting off to sleep. Tomorrow is a new day, new beginning and Athena can't wait to see what is in store for her.