8 | family

"I want you to meet my family," he stated

"I want you to meet my family," he stated. Jasper adored the brunette and wanted her to meet the rest of his family.

Athena frowned in confusion, "Are you sure? I mean, it is a big step. I've already meet most of your family but are you sure you want me to meet them?" Athena adored Jasper and would do anything for him. He had made her the happiest she had ever been in the short time she had known him. For the first time, she saw herself happy and nothing was going to get in the way of that.

He smiled, "Of course I want them to meet you. You mean more to me then you will ever know. Besides as you said, you've meet most of them, you only have my adoptive parents left to meet. Besides Bella is going to be there, you won't be alone." Athena froze when she heard the mention of Bella. For the past couple of weeks, she had drifted from the brunette and couldn't understand her attraction to danger. She hated how fixated Bella had become of Edward and she hated the way Edward looked at her.

"Alright, fine. I'll go since you asked so nicely."

He chuckled, kissing her cheek, "Thank you."

Jasper had picked Athena up early in the morning, knowing she didn't want to see Bella when she was introduced to the family

Jasper had picked Athena up early in the morning, knowing she didn't want to see Bella when she was introduced to the family. He knew she didn't hate the clumsy girl but hated the relationship she shared with his brother. Jasper wanted his brother to be happy but also didn't like the brunette very much, especially considering what it would mean for the family.

"Wow, your house is beautiful," Athena stated, when they pull up next to the house. She admired the house, it was absolutely gorgeous and loved the design.

Jasper grinned, admiring her expression, "Esme would be glad to hear that, she does all our houses. Come on, the rest of the family are waiting." They walked inside, coming to the living room where the rest of the family was seated.

"Athena, this is Carlisle and Esme, my parents for all intended purpose." She smiled at the blonde man, and the small brunette standing next to him.

"It's very nice to meet you, Athena. The kids have told us so much about you. It's lovely to finally meet you," smiled Esme. Athena already knew she loved the women, she reminded her of her own mother and knew the two would get along great.

Carlisle smiled at the brunette, "It's lovely to meet you, Athena."

"It's nice to finally meet you both. Jasper has told me so much about you both and I'm glad to have finally meet." She looked around the room, happy to be standing in the same room as all of them. She already knew how important this family would become to her.

"It's good to see you again, shortie," grinned Emmett.

Athena rolled her eyes, "Emmett, compared to you, a lot of people are short. Besides I like being small, doesn't mean I can't beat your ass. Someone needs to take you down a peg."

Rosalie giggled, "Finally someone that can bring down his ego a little." Athena giggled at the blondes comment, laughing when she sees Emmett pout next to her.

Alice smiled, "It's good to see you again, Athena." The brunette had gotten closer to the little pixie over the past few weeks and loved spending time with her. For some reason, Alice just seemed to get her and always had a way of cheering her up no matter what.

"Hello Athena," spoke Edward. The mind reader knew the Protector didn't like him but he couldn't figure out why. He couldn't understand why she hated him so much.

Athena sighed, "Edward, I don't hate you. I hate your blatant regard for those around you. I understand that you care about Bella but that doesn't mean your family has to suffer the consequences. They all care about you and want you to be happy, so why not take them into consideration when you make a decision that will affect them in some way. She cares about you just as much as you care about her, but that doesn't mean you don't take your families opinion into consideration. I know some have strong objections against your relationship with Bella but do you understand why they do?"

The whole family stared at the brunette in awe. They were all proud, shocked and happy with her little speech. She had just told everyone what they needed to hear but most importantly she gave Edward something to think about. Was he willing to sacrifice his happiness for the sake of his family?

Athena knew she had no right to make Edward chose between his happiness and his family but she knew he had to be willing to do whatever it took to fight for Bella. Edward deserved to be happy just as much as everyone in this family did but she already knew the consequences of his actions. She had seen glimpse of his future and knew they would be together forever but how hard was he willing to fight for his happy ever after?