9 | training

"Come on, Athena

"Come on, Athena. You're stronger than that," encouraged her father. Athena had been training with her father all morning. Without her father she had been falling behind on her training and she really needed it. She missed using her weapons, especially her Chinese daggers.

"Seriously, dad. We've been at this all morning. I've got it." Athena was getting frustrated at this point. She knew what she was doing but it felt like her dad was patronising her in some way. She loved him but this was getting ridiculous. She needed a break.

Her father sighed, "I know we have. It's just been a while since you be done this, I wanted to make sure you still remembered your training. I hate leaving knowing you're in danger all the time." Her father adored her more than anything and hated leaving her. He knew she was strong and knew how to protect herself but she was his little girl.

Athena smiled slightly, making her way to her father, hugging him. She pulls away slightly, "I know you're worried dad but as you said, I know how to take care of myself. I know you're always going to worry about me but believe me when I say I can do this. I hate that you're leaving so soon but I'm always going to be here and I know you're always going to be there if I need you."

Chris couldn't help but admire his daughter, despite it all, she was strong and could get through anything she put her mind to. He frowned slightly, "I guess I have to stop babying you soon. You're all grown up."

"No one said anything about you not babying me, I'm always going to be your baby girl, nothing is going to change that and I won't let it. I am grown up but I'm still your baby girl."

Her father smiled, kissing her temple, "And I'm always going to be your father."

Athena was currently sat in her back garden, practising her magic

Athena was currently sat in her back garden, practising her magic. She was surrounded by candles trying to practice control. Her ability to conjure fire had been getting out of hand lately and she needed to learn control desperately. She currently had her eyes closed, focusing on lighting all the candles. Flames slowly erupted around her before they completely seized.

"I thought we had been over this before, Jasper? Quit sneaking up on me," sighed Athena.

Jasper grinned, "My apologies, ma'am. It's not exactly my fault you chose to sit outside in the open, I would have used the door if I could." Athena could practically see the smirk on his face but chose to ignore it.

"Jasper, I'm sorry but I can't to this today. I have to practice my magic, I don't want to hurt anyone else. Please just leave me alone."

Jasper sighed, sitting down next to her, "I'm here to help. If anyone knows about control its me. I know how hard it can be to control something that's part of you. Let me help." He loved the brunette and would do absolutely anything to help her. He knew how hard it could be to control oneself from hurting others.

"Fine. I could use all the help I can get."

He smiled, "Good. Close your eyes, we'll take it slow. Concentrate on the candle." Jasper spent the rest of the afternoon helping Athena with her powers and she couldn't be more grateful. For the first time in a long time, they both felt free. They got more comfortable in each other's company and both enjoyed being in each other's presence. Athena got better control of her powers and was more confident in her abilities.

"Thank you, Jasper. I really appreciate all the help I can get."

The blonde grinned, "Anything for you, darling. I'm just glad I could help."

Athena giggled, "I'm serious, I don't know what I would do with-" The Protector was suddenly pulled into a vision.

"Bella, Bella. Where are you?" Yelled her mother frantically. Bella runs over to the closet, opening it and finding a video playing on the screen.

"She's not even here," she yelled.

James grinned, "I had to do something to get you way from the others. I need to have a taste of your blood. I couldn't let you go without having a taste for myself. Edward is going to regret ever letting you go."

"Edward has nothing to do with this," she yelled.

James smirked, "No but he will regret ever leaving you."

Athena gasped, eyes widening when her vision finishes. She was still trying to figure out what the vision meant but what she did know was that it wasn't good. She had seen the blonde, James, before in a vision and knew he was trouble. She was trying to figure out why he was after Bella.

"Are you okay?" Asked a concerned Jasper. She had almost forgot her was there.

"I'm fine but I'm not the one I'm worried about."