39 : 5/27/16 - friday

jules

   days have gone past, and sam hasn't tried any interaction in school since his first attempt. prom is next week, and i still need to find a dress. the pressure of finding the perfect one is dreadful in my mind. boys have it so easy sometimes.

   i grab my car keys, and leave the house. ben is expecting me for coffee at rosegreen cafe, the normal hangout for people who go to my high school.

   i drive over there, and we talk about random things like school, our parents, gossip milling around school, and finally prom arises in the conversation.

   "so prom, are you excited?" ben asked me.

   i raise my head from my cup of coffee with creamer, and sugar, "yeah, it should be fun."

   "hey, we should talk about it," ben suggests.

   "what do you mean?" i questioned now curious.

   his face turned more serious, and worried, as if whatever he had to say would make me mad, or emotional.

   "it's been awesome to date somebody ive always wanted to, but it's weird. i feel like you're not my best friend anymore. i can hold your hand, and kiss you, and it just doesn't feel right ..." he started.

   "i just don't want to hurt your feelings, or drag you on, you know?" ben asked, finishing.

   im shocked. is he breaking up with me?

   "is it over then?" i asked.

   he nods firmly. i stand up, and leave. things are not how it supposed to be. it's all sam's fault, it's the only way to explain things. after he came along, things went haywire. ben asked me out, and sam played me like a joke. now he's a jerk, and ben is gone. sam is the only one there is to blame.