41 : 5/28/16

jules

   it was way too crowded in kenton's house, it was insane. this party was wild, loud, and sexual. way too sexual. the speakers blared out dubstep and remixes, and a red solo cup was shoved into my hand.

   "enjoy the party!" someone yelled over the music.

   "hey, julia, is it?" a voice asked.

   i spun around in the kitchen to see kenton himself. i nodded, "your party, is it?"

   "absolutely. are you having fun?" he asked once more.

   "uh, i just got here, but im sure i will soon," i said looking away.

   "why don't you have some fun right now, come dance with me!" he suggested, and took my hand.

   i quickly took a long drink, and set it on the counter as he pulled me into more crowded people.

   he started moving to the music while one drink had done me nothing. i was just moving slightly, more like awkwardly. i hadn't been fazed by the music, or gotten drunk like the rest of these people, which only proves i can't have fun on my own.

   kenton took my hands, and shouted happily, "come on, move it!"

   out of options, i wove my hands around his neck, and moved my hips to the beat.

   "there you go!" he yelled loudly.

   after ten minutes, i was thirsty, but had gotten the hang of dancing. how ironic.

   i grabbed the drink that i left behind, and took a swig out of it.

   "julia?"

   i stopped drinking, and moved the cup out of view to reveal sam. a distressed look appeared on my face.

   "can i talk to you?" he questioned in a serious tone.

   "screw off, sam," i exclaimed before releasing the contents of my cup onto his shirt, and letting the cup hit the floor.

   i shoved past him, and left kenton's house. i wasn't going to deal with him tonight, i was supposed to be having fun, but after he showed up in front of me trying to explain, he ruined it. even if i went back to kenton, sam would've still been on my mind, even right now i can't help it.