Limbo

Silence...
        Everywhere...
        "I've always hated you ya know?"
        You whip your head around the cold white 'room' you're in. The air felt tense and thick and yet, suffocatingly dry. You let out a cough, feeling the precious air slip away from your lungs.
        "You gave me nothing but problems. I wish you'd never came." You recognized that gruff and gravely voice; Sans. Why was he saying such hateful things. "Sans?" Your words echoed softly for a minute, traveling to anyone that could possibly hear. "You worthless piece of meat. You already ruined your life, how come you had to come and ruin everyone else's too?" This wasn't Sans, and yet the sharp, knife-like words cut deeply. Your consciousness took control.
        "Well, if i'm that much a burden to everyone, why not end it all?" You thought that what you were saying was completely stupid, but it slipped out of your mouth like butter on a hot roll. "Yes, now we finally agree on something." You see a large pole and a noose in the distance. You start to walk over to it, when two voices say "NO!" At once. You turn around and give the people a glassy, cold stare. Honestly, you usually didn't care what other people thought- hell, they could go suck it for all you cared- but now, now, was different. "Don't do this y/n!! Hang on until the reset takes place. You kept giving a cold, dark, and glassy stare to whom you now saw as Sans and some lady.
        "Y/n, as your mother, I am telling you to stop, this instant!" Said the lady, who was dressed in flowing light blue silk robes. Something in your head snapped making you look up and turn around. "Mother... Mother?!" You ran up to her and gave her a bear hug. Taking in her sweet motherly scent you began to cry profusely. Sans didn't intervene, but smiled at the scene before him. "S/n told me you were dead." You breathed, your throat cracking. "I-I am, darling." "Oh. No, no no no, please, no!" You cried. You're mother was the best part of your life. She wasn't dead, she just- she can't be dead! "I'm very sorry dear, but I was very sick. I couldn't hold on any longer." She said solemnly. You decided not to be dramatic about it, so you stopped crying- fo her. You looked her in the eye.
        "D-do you... blame me?" "No, of course not honey, I know what happened that day that you went to go look for medicine for me." "I fell in the Underground." "Right. You didn't do it on purpose sweetie, I know you didn't mean it." She smiled warmly. 'Man, I sure don't feel 25, I still feel like such a naive child.' You smiled back. You turn to Sans, who you almost forgot was there.
        "And you, don't think I forgot about you! I did this to save you! Get over here!" You insisted. He was taken aback by the sudden notion, but he did as told. He was just awkwardly standing there, so you did the honor of forcefully tugging him into a group hug with your mom. Your mom chuckled along with Sans, and You relished in the moment. You wanted it to last forever, but it didn't. Everything went black.

***

You were back in the room where you fought Jeremiah. Realizing why you were there, you began to bolt toward Snowdin. You only hoped that you had enough time to save Sans.

*Sans*POV*
​​​I paced my room. I couldn't think straight. 'Uuuugh. She needs my help. No, I can't. But, but. AAAAAH' I punched my wall.
"M-maybe you should, u-uh, get some r-r-rest?" Alphys asked concerned. I snapped my head in her direction irritatedly, causing her to squeak. I calmed my gaze and said, "you... you're right." I sat at the edge of my bed. Papyrus walked in, hearing the noise.
        "What on earth is goin- Sans, are... you ok?"
        "D-don't worry Pap." "I-if you say so... i'll be down stairs if you need me."
        I nodded, he left."D-do you, want me to get you anything? Warm milk?" asked Alphys. "If you would, thanks." I replied distantly. "O-ok. Be right b-back." She said, leaving. I laid my head on the head of the bed, sighing. 'Be safe y/n.' I was about to lay my head down on my pillow, when y/n burst through the door.
She began to tear up as she dashed over to me and hugged me a little too tight for my liking. "Whatever you do, don't. Lay. Down." She said, letting go. "Why, what's wrong?" She lifted up my pillow to reveal a small bomb underneath. She looked at me with a stern, pain filled expression as I began to remember what had happened.
'Right, there was a bomb under my pillow.'
"You reset, didn't you?" "Of course I did, you dummy! I wouldn't just let you die, never." If I had a heart, it would've skipped a beat. "Heh, thanks, y/n." I said. "She gave me a sly grin before saying, "I didn't know your eyes took the form of hearts like that." I blushed. "Ey, it's a Sans thing. What can I say?" I shrugged, and we both laughed. She took ahold of my skull and kissed me. "Don't ever do that to me again, ever." She sighed. "Hey, I didn't really have a say in the matter. And that's saying something, since I'm the bomb." She laughed and hugged me. "Shut up." I hugged her back. "... I love you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
;v;
If it's short, meh. Lol

Please give me your feedback, I would like to know what your opinions on the story are.

I do not own Undertale, you, the characters, or the pictures. But I do own the story! :)

Thanks for reading, see ya soon! :D
~Blue Nebula 🌌