bad roomates

Birds chirping. Wind blowing. Leave rustling. Wait. This not my room.

My eyes flew open, I was in Matt's car. We must've fell asleep last night while looking at the view. His music was so soothing, I just had to close my eyes. I didn't think he'd fall asleep too.

I look over to my side, Matt was asleep, little bit of drool dripping down his mouth. I chuckled.

A sudden realization came to me. First day of school. I started to panic, looking at my phone, ignoring all the missed calls I had. It was 9 am, which left me only one hour left before my first class started.

"Matt, wake up" I shook him.

I shook him many more times before he finally opened his eyes. This guy was a deep sleeper.

"Good morning" his raspy voice said. A huge smile was plastered on his face, a cute, big, smile.

"Check" he mumbled.

"What?"

"I was checking my bucket list. Waking up next to a beautiful lady" he said as he lifted his arm and drawing an imaginary check mark in the air. I chuckled

"We don't have time for your silly jokes. We have school" I said.

The smile on his face was replaced with panic

"oh shit" he muttered and before I could even get my seat back up, he sped away.

"Shit. Shit. Shit." He kept repeating.

My eyebrows furrowed. "What time is your class anyways?" I asked

"9:30" he answered.

Oh shit.

He pulls over at my house and I hop out as fast as I could. I knew he was in a hurry so I didn't want to waste his time by saying goodbye. I figured i'd see him later anyway.

I walk to the front door, looking at my reflection through the glass, I just wanted to throw up. My hair was all tangled up, my shirt was wrinkled and I could smell my breathe when I breathe, disgusting.

As soon as I walk in, the smell of burnt pancakes came oozing into my nose. What the-

"Isla! What the fuck? I've been calling you all night. Where have you been?" My brother yells, as soon as he spots me.

I stood there speechless. I didn't have an excuse. All I could offer him was a small, fake smile before running up the stairs so I could get ready.

"Sorry!" I yelled.

As I walked to my room, I ran into a shirtless Cameron. Of course. He had a huge smirk on his face, scanning me up and down before bursting into laughter.

"Who's the lucky guy Isla? Damn, you look like you went through a tornado" he chuckled and Alex walked in.

"Thanks for the McDonalds and oh.." He stops as soon as he saw me, looks at me up and down and joins Cameron, laughing. And I really thought Alex was the nicer one.

I growled, I was pissed.

I ran to my room and locked it. I didn't have time to think about what they just said. I had to get to class.

I stripped off all my clothes and hopped into the shower, putting a crazy amount of conditioner to my hair to untangle it.

As soon as I finished, I looked at the clock. 9:15

I had enough time. I threw on a pair of plain black tights and a hoodie, with just plain white air maxes, not caring about my outfit. I blew dry my hair, running my brush through my dark brown, almost black hair.