Chapter 1

"Focus Diego, focus," I whispered. From behind a rock, I watched Diego sneak up on a buck. (A deer buck, not the weasel) "Concentrate, you can do it."

And with that he jumps roaring loudly as he does it. Screaming the buck runs away from the ferocious saber.

"Yes come on Diego! Go get em!" I followed after them, trying to keep up. I jumped from tree to tree, and over rocks watching Diego and his prey. I twisted and turned my long slim body, to pick up speed, and dodge obstacles. When they got to a clear path, and Diego was catching up to his prey, by the looks of it he started to get tired. I could hear his panting, and see him slowing down.

Not paying attention to where I was going I slammed into a rock.

"Ouch." I groaned. I fell backwards down onto the ground groaning in pain.

Finally I was able to catch my balance, and stand up, to see Diego gasping for air and the buck, dancing around him.

"Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh! Whoo! My hooves are burning baby! They are burning!" He pranced around Diego happily. "Oh, look at this, I gotta tiptoe, I gotta tiptoe! Eat my dust dingo!" He laughed. I walked up to him wearily, swaying side to side as I did.

"You ok?" I asked rubbing my sore head.

"Ya. How did that rock taste? Feel good?" He joked.

"Oh that, no it felt wonderful. Best feeling ever! I love slamming face first into some big rock!" said sarcastically.

"Ok, ok, sorry. We should head back." He started to walk in the opposite direction. He's been acting a little strange lately. I tried to ignore it and push it aside.

"Ya, probably be best." I followed not far behind.

.:TimeSkip:.

We walked back to, well, home, I guess. Where we saw Manny.

"Diego! Y/N! There you are! You missed the big surprise!" He chimed

"Right. Right. We'll check it out later." Diego answered plainly. I looked at Manny with sympathy, and nodded my head in response.

"Okay. See ya." He replied. I ran apart from Diego, and hopped on Ellie's trunk.

"You know, I think there's something bothering Diego. What do you think Y/N, anything weird?" Ellie asked.

"Know that you mention it, yes, there is something bothering em." I looked at Diego, and crossed my arms.

"No, I'm sure everything's fine." Manny noted.

"You should go talk to him. Or at least one of you." Ellie gestured to Manny and I.

"Guys don't talk to guys about guy problems," Manny corrected. "We just punch each other on the shoulders."

"That's stupid." Me and Ellie said in unison.

"To a girl. To a guy, that's like six months of therapy," Ellie gave him a look. "Okay, okay, I'm going." Manny shuffled over to where Diego was standing.

"Hey." Manny punched Diego in the shoulder with his trunk.

"Why'd you do that?" Diego asked, very confused.

"I don't know." I face palmed. "So listen, Ellie, and Y/N think there's something bothering you. I told them..." Manny was cut off by Diego.

"Actually, I've been thinking that soon, it might be time for me to head out." My eyes widened.

"Okay. So I'll use tell them that your fine. It was nothing." He replied.

"Look, who are we kidding, Manny. I'm losing me edge," he stiffened up. "I'm not really built for chaperoning play dates."

"What are you talking about?" Manny questioned.

"Having a family, that's huge, and I'm happy for you, but that's your adventure, not mine." He answered. I got in closer trying to hear better.

"So you don't want to be around my kid?" Manny huffed.

"No, no, no. That's..." Diego paused. "Your taking this the wrong way." He finished.

"No, go," here comes the insult. "Go find some adventure, Mr. Adventure Guy," there's the insult. I sighed. "Don't let my boring domestic life hit you in the butt on the way out." Manny made his way back over to me and Ellie.

"Isn't Ellie supposed to be the one with the hormonal imbalance?" Diego sassed back.

"Manny wait! No one has to leave." Sid exclaimed. Apparently I wasn't the only one eavesdropping.

"So?" Ellie questioned.

"That's why guys don't talk to guys." Manny explained gruffly.

"Why, what happened?" I looked down.

"Diego's leaving." He simply answered.

This is what I was afraid of...

Everyone starts to leave me...

Just like my family did.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ELLO my Chaos Makers! Sorry it took so long to update. I just finished school for summer, and I'm trying to get caught up in updating all of my stories. So sorry if this isn't the best chapter. I promise I'll try to make them longer and update more often. Thank you, I'll see you in the next one. CHAOS OUT!!! 👋✌️👊