(0 9)

"And, action!" The clackboard shuts and I run over to Mason, desperation fuelling my frantic movements. The wind is wild and hair blurs my eyesight over and over again.

"Please, Mason, stop!" I beg, grasping at his forearm as he tries to cross the forest on his rampage. "Mason, please. This isn't you, this is the Minister. This is exactly what he wants you to do, he wants you to-" Then my mind goes blank for the sixth time today. Liam continues to flail in my hold as I stare at him, my mouth open without the words. He looks at me expectantly then sees I've forgotten my lines again, before changing to look of annoyance.

"Cut!" Ethan cries out. Cracking my neck I run my hands down my face in exasperation. Liam doesn't even come over to talk to me. I watch him talking intensely to Sydney and her hand finds his bicep. Something stirs in my chest, I'm not usually protective over him when I see fans or reporters try to flirt with him but Sydney is different. She's my best friend and so is he and he is hers. I continuously forget that they had a life before me. I turn on my heel and storm away, shaking my limbs in the hope that it will shake the lines into the forefront of my mind.

There are too many thoughts running around my head about Olivia, about Matlin Falls, Grandma and of course, Finn at the forefront of my head. Distracting me from what I need to do. I clench my fists by my sides, nails digging into my palms. Ethan looks at me across the set as people hurry to reset the scene. The lines float around my mind so with a deep breath I push the faces away and nod to Ethan.

The scene reset, I snap back to Selina and see Liam ahead of me, ready to run onto set to run after a troupe of soldiers who have just stormed a hospital. His face is painted into a blank expression. I can't take my eyes off of him, his usually so caring expression is now so cold whether in or out of character. I shouldn't be able to tell him from Mason right now, as Selina. My head starts to hurt from the information and fears and worries and expectations pressing themselves against the sides of my skull. At the call I rush on behind him and I am suddenly unfocused and stumbling on my feet. I call after him, not knowing what to say to him.

"Mason!" I call again, latching my hand to where Sydney's rested moments ago. I am so confused. Noises fill my ears and I am hyperventilating. Then, speechless I am reliving the memory of when I first met Finn.

"3 second rule, 3 second rule, 3 second rule, 3 second-"

"Can you stop it, please? You're annoying me." I interject with my 6 year old bluntness. His cheeks burn even redder than before. His eyes glinting with the shine of tears. His hands shake as they collect the fragments of the cookies on the largest shard of the broken plate. I place my hand over his to try and control his shaking. His eyes meet mine and despite his tears I note how pretty his are. Such a clear brown, like they were almost transparent with the ring of a darker brown keeping the liquid hazel from escaping.

"It's okay, seriously." I try to copy my mom's serious voice when I detach my eyes from his. We clamber to our unsteady feet, the seven cookies we had managed to salvage balanced precariously on the chunk of ceramic. I thrust out my spare hand into the empty space between us. "Salem Evans," I state confidently with a definite nod of my head. He takes it and shakes it once.

"Finn Mulholland," he replies. I beam at him, my eyes shining. I shake his hand again.

"Very nice to meet you, Finn!" I chirp and loop my arm through his spare, leading him back into his own house. My 6 year old self not knowing the impact he would have on my life.

"Cut!" Ethan's exasperated cry jumps me from my memories. My cheeks burn and hot tears spring to my eyes. My voice cracks as I curse myself and I sprint off the set, trying to hide my tears from the people around me as they break loose. I feel the presence of someone behind me but I don't stop until I am outside my trailer. I collapse against the door, slumping into a mess on the pine needles. Ethan calls for another scene to be filmed and for Sydney to get on set.