(2 1)

Waking up the next morning, I feel more content with life than I have in a long time. Liam still sleeps peacefully by my side, his arm draped over my waist. My heart feels full with love and relief at our confessions from last night. There's nothing more satisfying in the world than loving someone who loves you back and with my previous heartbreak something still feels different. Liam is not Finn in any way. I couldn't think of someone more opposite.

Reluctantly, I sneak out of the bed and start making coffee for us. As the machine dispenses the coffee into the jar, a pair of arms snake around my waist and his lips meet my cheek. I let out a happy hum,

"Good morning," I mumble, turning in his arms and draping my own over his shoulders. He brings his lips to mine in another tender kiss.

"You making coffee?" He asks and I nod, "so kind of you."

"Yeah, like I don't do it for you everyday anyway." I chuckle, turning back and pouring the coffee into mugs for us. It ultimately remains ignored as Liam decides to pay more attention to my lips. Only when our make out session is getting decidedly heated, we are interrupted by the knock at the door. Liam is reluctant to let me go but I wiggle out of his arms and meet the girls and Alex at the door.

"Hey guys! How are you feeling?" I smile, letting them in. Apart from Sydney everyone looks perky.

"Where did you guys vanish off to last night then?" Brenna smirks. I roll my eyes at her as I put another jug of coffee under.

"I was just tired and Liam wanted to make sure I got home okay! Sorry to abandon you guys, did you enjoy the rest of your night?" They all look suspicious at my excuse but as always they don't inquire further.

After making plans for the day, we decide to use the day off to go to Chicago and do some sightseeing and go to the Haunt beforehand. Liam goes back to his own trailer to get changed and I change quickly into a plain pair of skinny jeans and a vest top, pairing a chunky knit cardigan over the top. I sit with the others to pull on my shoes. Tatiana and Alex are curled up into each other talking in low voices while Brenna tries to make conversation with Sydney whose attention seems to be elsewhere.

The drive into town is quick and soon we are sat around a table, chatting about the progress we've made despite the heavy weather setbacks,

"Ethan was telling me that if we keep going at this pace, we should be done a week early!" Alex remarks

"Oh thank God, I'm dying to get back to some hot weather!" Brenna laughs. I chime my agreement. I don't know whether it's just the weather or if it's the number of breakdowns but I feel chills in my bones nearly all the time. Even now, I see Olivia sitting in the far corner of the cafe, eyeing me while on her phone and Finn is on shift behind the counter.

I cast my mind back to his desperation to see me alone again, how he wants to explain everything. I don't even know where he'd start, what he'd say to excuse his behaviour. Liam's hand suddenly trails down my arm and I jump from my thoughts. With a gentle smile, he turns his head to see what I was looking at. At the sight of Finn he gives me a somewhat understanding look, before taking a deep breath and distancing himself from me. He adjusts himself to face me properly.

"Okay, well now we're all together about to make the most of our day off as friends for the first time in what feels like months, I have something to say," he addresses the group and their own individual conversations stop and pay their attention to Liam. "Well, last night, I told Iz that I love her. Which is probably no surprise to any of you, but where I'm going with this is that she told me that she loves me too." My stomach drops in horror of his confession to our closest friends. I give him a look trying to ask what he is doing. Our friends look to me with utter surprise, "so in front of all our friends, I want to ask you, finally, Isabella Scott, if you'll be my girlfriend. Officially."

Brenna and Tatiana cheer with joy, attracting the attention of numerous other customers in the store and of course, Finn's eyes look up and watch the scenario unfold. I meet his eyes briefly before looking at Liam, more nervous than I've ever been in my life. I release a half laugh and grin,

"Yes," I laugh, "you idiot, of course!" The others cheer again. Alex slaps Liam on the back in celebration as he takes my face in my hand and plants his lips on mine.

My heart feels like it's soaring and I feel lighter than air from the joy overwhelming me as I kiss Liam for the first time as his girlfriend. He breaks away and rests his forehead on mine, grinning at me like he just won the lottery which I think I just did.

***

Author's Note,

Hola carinos!!

Wow again long time since I updated this story but I've been so busy moving back home and getting back to work! I'll try my best to keep updating this story but I have a lot on my plate personally but I'll try my hardest!

I hope you liked this chapter, things are heating up between Salem and Liam and Finn's isn't going to let this go that's for sure!

As always please vote, comment and do the social!

Besitos,

-L