Chapter 19

Jamie

My dull life as a tavern maiden over. Riding along in this carriage I think of the new life ahead of me. A noble life, but will I truly be noble? I know not if it be truly where I belong. I feel as low as I were when I were a girl in Salem. The only time I thought myself better was with Mercy. When she left me I felt low again. Rum the only thing making me feel somewhat whole.

As I stare out the carriage window I see more houses. Houses that were clean on the outside instead of covered in filth like our old home. The houses were so grand, I hath never seen a house like these. No house were ever taller than the church in Salem. Yet these although not as high as the churches still be breathtaking. As we round the corner the carriage stops in front of a beautiful home.

"Beautiful is it not Jamie?" Saryia says grasping my hand. I smile at her then Exous smiles.

"My Godmother's house be much bigger than this. But yes, we do have a nice home." The door opens and we all step out. Saryia looks at the house in awe. I hath never seen such a wondrous look in her eyes.

"Come. We shall get you settled in yet." We follow Exous in. When we try to enter the home we were stopped by some force.

"What is this?" Exous gives us an apologetic look.

"Forgive me ladies. I allow you into my home. Come in. You must be allowed in by the owner. It be an old vampiric ritual when we first began our way of covens." I then go through the door with ease. Saryia follows. The inside is clean like the outside. Quite beautiful as well. We follow Exous through many grand rooms until we make it to a room with a large fireplace. Above it on the lightly colored walls be a portrait of Exous and his family. He be an only child, or like us he might hath been the only one that survived.

"Exous? Did you bring your friends?" A soft woman's voice said. A woman appears. She is wearing a green dress. Her black hair is up in a bun. Her skin was fair like you would expect from a noblewoman. Her eyes are stormy blue like Exous. She comes over to him and kisses his head.

"Where is Father?"

"Left right after you for London. His majesty called court so he went with Elaine." Exous nods then motions for us to come forward. Saryia comes forward first and bows her head then I do the same.

"Mother, this is Saryia and Jamie. The vampires that I told you about." Exous' mother studies us then she smiles as if she knew something of us.

"The Sirens of The Seven Seas? I hath heard much of your reputation. Did you know who they were Exous?" He looks at us in shock and shakes his head. How did she know?

"I did not. Impressive indeed. So that is what I guess be in your trunks?" Saryia looks at him with a smirk.

"Perhaps it be so. We are happy to be invited into your home my lady." Saryia bows agin. Exous' mother smiles at us.

"You may call me Lucy ladies. Come with me and let me know you better. Exous make sure their rooms are we'll prepared for them." He bows and leaves us. He gives me some look then leaves. I would know that look anywhere. A look I adored from my wife. No man will ever have me, nor will any woman besides Saryia.

"So ladies tell me about yourselves." She says as we sit down in another room. Servant girls come in and serve us tea. This must be what nobles call the tea room.

"What would you wish to know?" I ask as I take one of the fancy cakes that were set before us.

"Where you are from, what kind of vampires you are, what are your hungers, and your preferences. I wish you girls to live comfortably under my roof." I look over at Saryia.