Chapter 27

Mercy

London, England... I thought I would never see this place. I never thought I would set foot in England, but here I am in Xi's bed. Jamie has been here since I have arrived. Due to my enchantment my face was hidden to her. I look like someone else to her and thankfully to Saryia. The way they both looked at me when they first saw me, I thought they saw through it. They both stared into my soul. I thought I would have to confess to them.

"Thinking about her again?" Xi kisses my shoulder, "I do not blame you. Your wife is beautiful along with her companion." She turns me over and starts to kiss my neck.

"She did not notice me." Xi grabs my chest softly and fondles them.

"That only means your spell works. That teacher of yours is a marvel. Perhaps you might be able to see your wife in this form."

"That would give me away. No one forgets the touch of someone they loved." I look up into Xi's eyes. I understand well that she has no love for anyone. She cannot love one woman properly. It is just not in her nature. I sit up and she sits next to me.

"You would not understand." She cup my cheek then makes me look at her.

"You think I do not love you? I have given you everything you ever asked. I have pleased you and gave you gifts of the finest quality. Do you not think I show you no affection?" I kiss her.

"Affection yes you do, but love like I have experienced before no." She only smirks at me.

"That hurts. But it is how you feel on the matter and I will respect it. It does not matter to me however. I will not stop showering you with affection." I smirk then get up from the bed and put a robe on. Xi moves to the edge of the bed and grabs my hips. She stares softly up at me as I gently move her hands.

"I'm going down to get something for us to drink."

"Hurry then. It gets lonely without you. Bring two servant girls back with you." I laugh as I put the spell back.

"Am I not enough for you?" We both laugh and she shakes her head at me. She knows that I know her intentions. I leave the room and go down the halls quietly. Not one sound could be heard throughout the wing. Only here and there would you hear the heartbeats of humans, but other than that there was nothing but darkness and screaming silence. As I made my way down to the wine cellar I came across two servant girls. Very pretty young girls, so I order them up to Xi's room. The king's wine cellar is vast. It stretches far under the ground. Only some light is here by the flame lit lanterns.  I search for a good bottle and I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. A cool wind brings the scent down to me. Of course it would be Jamie.

She comes into the dim light, and it makes her look like a goddess. The soft gold light shines on her perfectly outlining her face, hair, and her body. I had to stop myself from taking her on the floor.

"Excuse me if I startled you." That voice. It used to be light, but since has been weighted down by the years she has endured, and my own transgression against her. I shake my head at her.

"You did not. I smelled you coming." Her head begins to tilt as she comes closer to me. I stare right into her dark blue eyes. I did not realize that I was against the wall until I felt the heat rushing to my face and the cold wall against my back.

"Forgive me yet I feel as... As if I know you. It might sound silly, but you remind me of my wife." She still thinks of me, even more alarming she can still feel traces of me in this form. I clear my throat.

"That is flattering my lady, but I have never met your wife." Jamie looks at me a while longer then steps away.

"Perhaps not. Forgive me for being rude to you." I shake my head.