Chapter 50

Saryia

Now that I have young Eros in my hand the next phase can begin. It is time for a full sweep of the royal family. Ammie and Edmund will be dead by the end of it. They are not the difficult part of it however. The Grand Elders are the hardest part to dispose of. The seven of them are still too strong for me. All at once they will rip me apart. Alone they will all be rough fights. My power however is stronger than theirs alone. I have ascended beyond their power years ago, but if I am careless it would only take one well placed strike to kill me. After I have dealt with all of them and I have my crown I will encourage Eros to come with me to America. The American vampires have a different way of doing things. They are much more individualized than us. They do not even live in covens. They are living my long lost father's dreams, living as one with the humans. Most vampires on this part of the world would scoff at this, but it needs to be done. Even now in this time period, families are beginning to branch away from one another. The only reasons they would be together is due to poverty. Since it is very obvious that we are not poor, we must evolve and become invisible. It is the only way to launch my attack on the human world. Not only would it bring the element of surprise it would bring hysteria. Humans would not know if they could trust their neighbors. The simple creatures will begin to kill off one another, and that will be my ultimate plan. No army can stand together if they do not trust each other. Simple battle tactics.

When the ship docks I come into the room where Eros and Sean are. Eros looks at me and I bow my head. He nods back then looks at his grandfather's face. I begin to stare as well. Even in death he is calm. I am glad I gave him some peace, with his words I do hope I will find my peace in this life. Exous' men come in wearing their best funeral clothes. Some of the men were as big as Eros and Sean so they donated their clothes. Eros moves aside as the soldiers place the body on a stretcher. Eros looks at his grandfather's face one more time before gently putting the blanket over his face. I put my hand on his back as he fights his tears. We walk to the deck to see King Father and Jade waiting for us. Their faces fall slowly when they see the men carrying the body into a car. Jamie, Eros, and I follow after. Jamie was very saddened that she could do nothing for Sean, but I have told her that he welcomed his fate. It still did nothing to brighten her spirits. Never the matter. Once this is all done she will have time to rest before I am ready to spring once again into action.

"What happened?" King Edmund glances at the boy then to me.

"We arrived a little too late. Majority of the pack was dead or fled. I was able to rescue Emperor Sean and his grandson Eros, but Sean died of his wounds on the way back. Eros here is the Emperor now." Eros extends his hand to Edmund and he shakes it.

"Pleasure to meet you young man. My deepest condolences for your loss." Eros nods then let's go of Edmund's hand.

"Thank you sir. I wish we could have met on better terms. None the less, I am looking forward to working with you and your daughters who have been very kind during this ordeal." Edmund smirks then Jade comes to shake Eros' hand.

"Please to meet you Emperor Eros. I am Elder Jade. I am very sorry for your loss. I know what it is like to loose family to hunters." Eros nods and Edmund motions to the car. I look back at Exous and he nods. He will get the volumes I wrote on the Werewolves. We all enter with the car holding Sean in front of us.

"It is terrible what happened to your grandfather. I always liked your grandfather. He was a strict ruler with a gentle heart." Edmund begins, "What happened to your father and mother by the by? Killed in the hunter attack?" Eros's face drops drastically as if seeing the horror of what happened all over again.

"No sir." He mumbles, "My Father killed my Mother and brothers out of rage. . . He was going to kill me as well until Grandda killed him. My father was not well sir. If he were he would be here right now not me." At that Edmund said nothing. How could he? He cannot say a thing about it when it comes to killing family. The Tolley family that ruler before him were only more of his victims. Although it was a more formal civil war, he still murdered the entire family. Lady Tolley only survived because she submitted. I did hear rumors that Edmund and Lady Tolley were an item and this drove a wedge between them, but it is only court gossip. As we return to the palace Edmund begins to speak to Eros again.