Chapter 4 - On My Mind

Author's Note: I am so sorry it took so long to update this story guys but I'm back! Thanks so much for your patience and thanks so much to each and everyone of you who take the time to read my story! I appreciate every single one of you! You guys are definitely NOT SAWFT! 

** This chapter is short as im getting back into writing again so i do apologize.

***********************************
BEEP BEEP BEEP

I slowly extend my arm over to my alarm clock and press the snooze button.

Still nearly half asleep I rub my eyes and begin to get comfortable again in bed.

As I lay in bed with my eyes closed I couldn't help but think of last night. It felt like such a dream to me. I kept questioning if it really happened.

I doze off for a couple of minutes until I hear the alarm go off again.

I didn't want to get up. Especially not at 7:30 in the morning but I knew I had to.

I get out of bed and begin to stretch. I slowly walk to the bathroom being careful not to walk into a wall as I was nearly half asleep still.

I proceeded to do the usual morning routine of brushing my teeth and showering.

As I got out the shower and wrap a towel around me I immediately thought of my phone and Enzo.

I nearly run to my room to see if I got any new messages from him.

As I unlock my phone I notice a new message. I opened it and at that very moment my heart began to flutter.

Enzo had sent me this picture

and attached to it was a text saying "Good morning beautiful

and attached to it was a text saying "Good morning beautiful. Flying to Baltimore now. I hope you have a great day. I'd love to talk to you later if you have the time"

I smiled and replied back.

"Of course handsome."

I hurry up and get ready and start heading to work. 

I was in such a great mood that i didn't mind being at work (which was rare because i ALWAYS hated being at work) 

I greeted my coworkers with a smile and a hello and sat down at my desk to begin my job for the day.

As i start replying to a customers email, i stop and think of Enzo. i couldnt help put to smile from ear to ear.

"(y/n), why are you so chipper today?" asks one of my coworkers.

"Oh, No reason just a great day is all"

"Mmmhmmm, sounds like more of a great day to me"

"Sooooooo....who is he??" she asks with a chuckle.

i look down instantly feeling my face get red.

"I dont know what you talking about its just a good day" i say trying to resist the urge to smile.

"Surrrrre...and 2 plus 2 equals 21. so tell me whats his name" she says with a smirk.

"Fine fine...his name is Eric i meet him last night when i took Dom to go to that wrestling event" 

She smiles and pats me on the back.

"About time you found a boyfriend" she joked.

i laugh at her remark.

"I wish he was my boyfriend...were just talking at the moment."

"Girl, better hurry up and cuff him up" she says with a smirk as she walks back to her desk.

**SEVERAL HOURS LATER**

I reach for my cup of coffee hoping to keep myself going for the last hour that im here at work.

I take a sip and place my cup down on my desk.

Just as i begin to type on the computer my phone vibrates.

I check around to make sure the boss wasn't anywhere close by.

i cautiously unlock my phone and quickly read the message.

From Enzo:

Hey Mama. Just thought id text you letting you know you were on my mind. Heading to the gym with Cass then a meeting after. Ill text you when im free. Talk to you later beautiful. <3

My heart started to beat fast as i sat there smiling like a crazy women.

I replied:

Cant wait to talk to you!

I tried to continue my work but couldn't stop smiling. I felt so lucky to have such a handsome kind guy interested in me. The fluttering in my stomach started.