Chapter Eight: The Third Trimester (Part One)

Levi and I were waiting patiently in the doctor's office for Dr. Peterson to arrive. Today I'm having my eight month check up, where my obstetrician (a doctor who specializes in pregnancy and labor) will give me a physical exam, ask how often the baby moves, and also give me some labor and delivery advice. And to be honest, I'm pretty nervous with the thought of getting a C-Section once I go into labor. But then I would realize all of the times I have gotten severely injured when we were still trying to wipe out all of the titans several years back, and plus, I'll be under antibiotics during the procedure so this shouldn't be as bad as the injuries that I have gotten in the past. Or at least, I would assume so.

After a few minutes of silence, Dr. Peterson had finally set foot into the room and closed the door behind him. "Good morning guys."

"Good morning," Levi and I responded in sync.

"So Eren, how have you been feeling?" Dr. Peterson asked as he took a seat in his chair.

"I've been feeling pretty good for the most part, my back is definitely starting to hurt more due to how big I am now," I replied.

"Yes, that's particularly normal during the third trimester. I would recommend applying a heated rag onto your back every now and then, and make sure that your posture is good and that you are sleeping on your side from now on," my obstetrician informed. "So, how often does your baby move each day?"

"I could feel it moving every once in a while, sometimes it seems to be more lively in the evenings so it's kind of difficult for me to fall asleep during those times," I told him.

Dr. Peterson let out a light chuckle, then he spoke: "Looks like you've got yourself a night baby."

I also let out a light chuckle as I responded to the obstetrician; "Yeah, he or she is already preventing me from getting a good nights sleep."

"Yeah, well I'm just going to lead you over to the scale that's out in the hallway, so that I can measure your baby's weight," said Dr. Peterson as he made a hand gesture towards the door.

"Alright," I said as I nodded in agreement.

"I'll come too," Levi remarked. Then at that moment, the two of us were being directed out into the narrow hallway by our obstetrician.

The scale was only a few doors down, so it wasn't that much of a walk. Dr. Peterson directed me to step up on to the scale, then once the weight on the scale finally balanced out, he scribbled down all of the data onto his clipboard then told us that we could go back into the room that we were just in.

Once we all had arrived back into room, I sat back down in the patient's bed with Levi standing to the right of me. Dr. Peterson closed the door once again, then paced over to the large supply cabinet that was located in the corner of the room. He carefully swung open one of the doors and pulled out a stethoscope, then he walked over to where I was and stuck the two ear tips of the stethoscope in his ears and gently placed the chest piece on my belly. About a minute has passed, then Dr. Peterson finally took off the stethoscope and informed me: "The heart rate is still beating properly. I also looked back at your baby's weight, and it's about five pounds, which is pretty normal."

"Okay, that's good," I replied. I felt Levi place my hand in his, then he gave it a gentle squeeze, and that managed to help me relax a little.

"So, do either of you have any questions based off of labor and delivery?" Dr. Peterson asked as he sat down in his chair, with his gaze mostly focused on me.

"Well, I was kind of wondering how reliable the C-Section will be." I said to him in an anxious tone of voice.

There was a short pause after that, and then Dr. Peterson replied back: "I will be fully honest with you, Eren. Some people have passed away during the procedure, but those people didn't have titan abilities like you do. Yet on the other hand, you are the first pregnant titan shifter known to man, so we really don't know what to expect during your delivery. But we assume that you will be fine, so if I were you I wouldn't worry about it too much."

"Okay I think that you might actually be right on that assumption, because whenever I have gotten an injury my titan abilities would come in to play and heal my wound in a matter of seconds, or minutes, depending on how big it is," I said.

"Maybe, but for now I suggest you to relax and don't stress out about it too much, I know that the thought of going into labor can be frightening but stress isn't good for you or the baby. Try to think about other topics that could help you unwind a bit," my obstetrician recommended.

"Okay, I'll do my best sir," I responded.

"Alright, so that's it for today. I should see you two again about a month from now for your delivery," Dr. Peterson said, then he got up from his chair and shook both mine and Levi's hand.

"Thanks, see you later!" I said as he left the room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What time is it?! Summer time!!  Lol, anyways guys this story is almost done! I can't wait to start writing the sequel! :)