Chapter Ten: Delivery

Everyone came along to rush me to the hospital, and once we arrived there, Dr. Peterson immediately sat me down in a wheelchair and rushed me into the delivery room along with Levi.

Once we got into the delivery room, Dr. Peterson helped me get into a hospital gown and onto the bed, "Eren, make sure that you take deep breaths for me okay?" the doctor suggested.

"A-Alright," I replied, stuttering. The pain was so brutal! I was clutching one hand onto the bed sheets and the other in Levi's hand. And I could tell by the expression on Levi's face that I was squeezing his hand tight enough to make him lose all feeling in it.

"S-Sorry Levi," I apologized.

"It's alright, don't worry about my hand, I'm here for you," Levi replied in a calming tone of voice, and that caused me to smile.

"Alright Eren, I'm just going to see how you're holding up down there," Dr. Peterson said, then he lifted up the gown, and I looked over at him and saw his eyes almost pop out of his head. "How fascinating! Eren, you have dilated to ten centimeters. Looks like you can give birth naturally instead of a C-Section," he spoke in a surprised tone.

"R-Really?! That's great!" I said happily, then looked down at Levi and saw that he seemed glad as well.

"Alright Eren, I'm going to have you push now. Levi do you mind counting to ten for Eren while he's pushing?" Dr. Peterson asked.

"Yeah, of course," Levi responded.

This was it, after nine months of developing inside of me, our little miracle is finally ready to be brought out into the world.

"Ready? Push!" The doctor commanded.

Man, did it hurt! I have never thought that I would be able to feel this sort of pain in my life! I pushed with all of my strength in those ten seconds, then when Levi got to ten, I took a deep breath and started to push again.

"One...two...three...four...five...six...seven..eight...nine...ten," Levi counted.

I pushed eight times already, and the baby is still not coming out. Dr. Peterson says that he sees a little bit of the head, but it's still in there pretty good.

"Don't worry Eren, you're doing a great job just keep pushing," Dr. Peterson said, as Levi was still counting.

I grunt and groan loudly as I pushed with all my might. My face growing red from all of the force I am using to push the baby out.

"Alright the head is out! Just a few more pushes should do the trick!" The doctor shouted excitedly.

I bellowed loudly as I made my final push. Soon it seemed as if everything around me went silent, that is until a sound of a crying child fills the room. Levi and I instantly froze at the site of our new baby.

"Congrats! It's a girl!" Dr. Peterson said as he walked over to me and placed my newborn daughter in my arms, and I held her ever so carefully. I instantly lost control in all of my emotions, then I started to sob out of pure happiness as I glanced down at my daughter's face.

"Hey baby girl, I'm your daddy," I spoke in between sobs in a soft voice.

"She's beautiful," Levi said smiling.

She was so...tiny. Tiny hands, tiny feet, tiny nose. I noticed that she had a perfect blend of mine and Levi's features too. Dr. Peterson handed me a pink blanket to wrap her up in, and once I was finished I handed her over to Levi.

"I think that the father deserves a chance to hold his first child," I spoke to him.

It seemed as if he was completely overtaken by happiness as he cradled Evangeline in his arms. It's been a while since I've last seen him smile so big, his eyes even became watery as he looked down at our baby.

"Levi, we're a family now." I said gleefully, with my eyes still watery.

"I know," he smiled as he looked over at me.

"Welcome to the world Evangeline Ackerman," I spoke softly as I looked down at her. Then Levi looked over in my direction again.

"I love you, Eren," Levi spoke.

"I love you too," I replied. Then we both leaned in for a short kiss.

Being pregnant for the past nine months were absolutely worth it. Of course I had my ups and downs during my pregnancy but that's completely normal. Now whenever I feel like I need a miracle, I'll just look into my daughter's eyes and realize, that I already have one.

------------------------------------------------------

Instagram: elena_mar_mar
YouTube: Elena Mar-Mar

I just want to say thank you guys SO much for your support! Without you guys this fanfic wouldn't have been such a great success. And yes I will have the sequel out very soon, it'll be called: Their Legacy. I hope that you guys really enjoyed this story! :)