Introduction

You could say that I'm trapped in a place that you can't drive, fly, or walk to. If you go in alone, you come out alone, if you make it out at all. If you go in with others, only one will come out, if they can get out at all. I was one of the unlucky people who came in with a friend. At least she made it out.

Voices from far away had just faintly appeared when I started running through the forest of steel trees towards where I had heard them. "Hello?" I screamed at the top of my lungs, thrilled by the idea that maybe someone had come looking for me. "Who is there? Show yourself!" A low voice bellowed from my left. I turned and ran towards it, so suddenly that I was taken my surprise to find that I had tripped over an overgrown root of one of the large, metallic trees, and fallen flat on my stomach. I let out a grunt, then looked up and saw them. Two guys and a girl.

One of the boys wore a strong expression of fear, while the other seemed flat-out angry. The girl appeared much younger than the other two, who was silently crying while the two boys guarded her from me like I was some kind of monster. One of them stepped forward and helped me up. Then, to my surprise, he grabbed my shoulders and shoved me into the trunk of one of the "trees". In doing this, my head banged against the cold steel of the metal tree. I gasped for breath, and took in the situation as fast as I could for something this abnormal. I hadn't spoken to another person in the seven years that I had been trapped down here, so the whole concept of "conversation" seemed alien to me. It was only a matter of seconds before he had started screaming in my face. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" He screamed. "I...I would ask the same to you..." I uttered nervously.

The other boy stepped forward. "Austin! Get off of her! We don't know that this is her fault!" The one that was apparently named Austin backed away from me with his head down, like he hadn't known that he had just slammed a stranger into a metal tree. "I'm sorry about him. He doesn't know what he's doing as of now. My name is Tyler by the way. But would you mind telling us where we are exactly? We opened this box and-" he reached back to the little girl, who stepped forward nervously and held out a shaky hand, holding a tiny wooden box, with a gold keyhole in the center, and a matching gold key. I felt chills down my spine, I recognized them all to well. That box was all that separated me from my best friend.