「 ' ♡ 12. - DEAR THEODORA. 」

CHAPTER 012

" dear theodora "

June twenty-first was a balmy summer's day

Justene Embry was ambling home, having completed her morning jog. She dabbed the sweat away from her eyes while checking the post in hopes that the ever-slow postman decided to do his job today.

By the look of it, he had. There was a lone item inside.

The woman pulled it out and smiled down at the circular item that glistened in the sunlight. It was a CD and she knew who it was from.

Excitement buzzed and fuzzed inside of her and she had to fight the smile away from her features. 

Putting the CD aside, she went to the door and raced inside. She didn't bother being quiet, out of fear she might wake up her sleeping daughter. It was ten o'clock in the morning and, having been out all hours the night before, she knew Theo would be in dreamland for quite some time.

The CD was loading and the woman rubbed her hands together. She couldn't believe that her beloved boyfriend Brad had gone out of his way to do such an unexpectedly romantic thing. 

It made her feel like a teenager again, honestly.

Closing her eyes as the melody from an acoustic guitar soared and surrounded her, Justene sat back. She was ready to enjoy the love that she and brad shared.

"Measuring a summer's day, I only finds it slips away to grey. The hours, they bring me pain."

Wait. Who the hell is this? This is not Brad. I know Brad's voice and this is not it. Do I have a secret admirer? A stalker?, she tried to think as she continued listening to the song. Whoever was singing and playing wasn't half bad.

She thought, I know this voice. It sounds too familiar to be a stranger.

"Tangerine, tangerine. Living reflection from a dream; I was her love, she was my queen, and now a thousand years between." the mystery voice sang.

Sitting straight up, Justene had pieced together this puzzle and it was enough to make her want to jump out of her seat.

It was Paul. 

It was Paul who had covered this Led Zeppelin song. It was Paul who made this CD and, my God, it was Paul who made this for Theo -- as it claimed on the front of the disk.