Swan Song

So ive decided to post a chapter once a week, but im not sure if i should on a certain day or just once a week. Enjoy the chapter  -Grace

_______________________________________________________________

  "I'm so sick of it, Ryan," I said, sighing heavily, "She just treats me like I'm not here, and my girlfriend is starting to too." It's been one and a half weeks since I returned to school.

  "Well maybe Mia isn't feeling too good about life right now. I mean, I've been through hell and back in life and I acted like she's acting now. I suggest you talk to her about it."

  "But you saw me try that the other day when you were with me the whole day! She's being stubborn!" Ryan and me have been talking a lot and becoming actually... Pretty good friends. He just shook his head and looked down at the ground as we walked from one class to another. "Were you being rude?"

  "No," I said defiantly, folding my arms. "I'm never rude, I'm just brutally honest." 

  "Well maybe being brutally honest sounds rude to other people." 

  "Well maybe they should just accept the fact that Charlotte Goldstein is not very sympathetic. Which I guess is unfortunate." '

  "It is," he said, side hugging me. "Will a lazy side hug help?" Well... He is cute so it might kind of help. 

  "Sure," I muttered. I stopped in my tracks and looked him in the eye. His beautiful brown eyes. "I gotta go to gym class, maybe my girlfriend will acknowledge me this time." He nodded and headed off to his own class as I entered the locker room. 

  Stella was already in there, sitting on the bench and looking at her phone. "Um, hi Stella."

  "Hi," she said. "Was just waiting for you." Maybe she does care. There's too many maybe's right now, isn't there?

  In gym class, I spend the first half checking Stella out as she plays basketball, and I just sit on the bleachers looking like a loser. I spend the second half actually playing basketball with her, and then we use the last few minutes to spare a couple kisses.

  I looked at her as she threw a ball, laughing with her friends. She usually doesn't just ignore me like this, though. Usually when she plays, she looks at me and smiles a lot and sometimes comes over to talk to me. 

  But now in gym class, I feel like I'm just here alone. 

  I started to scratch at my hand, feeling past scratch marks in the way. I really wish Ryan was here with me right now. I looked at the wall for a few minutes, spacing out. 

  But now I realize, I think I am alone. 

  I heard the coach blow the whistle to signal us to lunch, and I had hoped maybe if I sat next to Stella she'd let me hold her hand. 

______________________________________________________________

  At lunch, the three of us sat awkwardly. Me, Mia and Stella. Ryan decided to sit with his best friend, Brendon, I think that's his name. 

  "Dude, that group chat with me and you and your girlfriend is wild," Stella said, looking over at Mia. 

  "Girlfriend?" I choked out, looking at Mia with wide eyes. She'd told me this whole time she was straight! Mia took a deep breath and started to talk, I looked over at Stella who was sitting there awkwardly, knowing she said too much.

  "Well, I was scared to tell you cau-"

  "Cause what?" I interrupt too much. "Because I'm definitely not gay or anything. I definitely don't have a girlfriend. I know for a goddamn fact there's more than just being too fucking scared to tell me this." This was it, I had officially snapped. There was a few seconds of silence where I slumped in my seat and looked down at the table. I looked back up at Mia, who was staring at me innocently, her hair tucked behind her ears. 

  "Because you're being rude lately," Stella said quietly. "It's annoying."

  "Alright," I said, I knew I shouldn't have continued my words, but I did anyways. "Then I'll break up with you right now."

___________________________________________________________

I've lost both my best friend and girlfriend, greeeaaaaaat. Fantastic. 

___________________________________________________________

  I haven't felt so alone like this in a long time. It all happened at once. 

  I sat at the kitchen table, working on a new drawing. My mom was frantically walking around and moving things around to make the house "look more empty". 

  "Char, I need you to have your room cleaned by tonight because someone is coming over tomorrow and fixing the bottoms of your walls tomorrow. Now." Her voice was so stern throughout the entire string of words. 

  "I will," I mumbled. "I'll do it later."

  "No, you do it now." She sat down at the table with me, and continued to ramble with a stern tone on how good we had to make the house look before we moved out. I couldn't help but bury my face in my hands and just sit there and take it all in, like I usually do in every situation. Tears were starting to drip slowly, making a wet mess on my hands and cheeks. I cried, like a baby; loud and hard. I whined, sniffed, and sang small notes of displeasure. You know, the casual noises you make when crying. When you are just so done and you feel like going to a cliff and jumping off of it, leaving behind everything.

 I realized when I cried, that this was the end of me. I was finished. 

___________________________________________________________

Hello, sorry this chapter was short, ive been having such a rough week. though it was very easy to type up all these chapters cause ive been feeling so much and relating. -grace

Q: What is your favorite kind of animal and why?