When It Rains, It Pours

The room was dead silent.

If there had been a pin drop a mile away, I guarantee I would have been able to hear it. But it wasn't the silence that made me uncomfortable, no it was the nine pairs of eyes staring at me so intensely that I felt like I was going to melt into the floor.

"Who are you?" One of the younger boys asked, his dark green eyes burning into mine.

"M. . . my name is Stella." Why the hell did I stutter? That just makes me look weak.

"And what are you doing here?" One of the twins said, her blue eyes staring at me just as angrily as her older brother.

"Your mom wanted me to baby sit you guys, she said. . ."

"Baby sit? What the hell? Do I look five to you? I can baby sit my own siblings." The boy growled. I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at the boy.

"Listen, kid. I'm not going to sit here and be disrespected. I will be here all summer and you will learn to. . ." All eight of the kids started to laugh at my words. I could feel my cheeks heating up as the boy high fived one of the twins.

"Look, sweetheart," The boy paused and stood up, "I don't care how much Mom and Dad are paying you, you can drive back home. We don't need you here. Jamie, Jared, and Ronan are all old enough to watch and take care of us." I could feel my cheeks heat up even more.

"Your parents think they are irresponsible." My eyes flickered to the twin sitting on the couch beside the boy. Both of their green eyes were glistening with amusement as they looked at the red faced eighteen year old girl in front of them.

"Cool it, Dusty. I'm Ronan." The oldest boy in the room said, standing up and holding his hand out to me.

"Stella." I whispered, shaking it. He grinned and leaned closer to me so his brother wouldn't here him.

"Don't worry about Dustin, he's going through puberty and is moody all the time." He joked, giving me a playful smile.

Up close I could see how much Ronan looked like his dad. He had Christian's electric blue eyes and short black hair, but he did have his mom's heart shaped lips and defined cheekbones. He looked like a model.

"I'll introduce you to the bunch." He said, nodding toward his younger siblings.

"The little jerk right there is Dustin, he just turned fourteen. Next to him are the twins Jamie and Jared, they are fifteen." The twins both gave me a smile similar to their brothers. Ronan turned my body a little so I was staring at the twin girls.

"Those twins are Kelly and Kendra, they are twelve." I nodded as he went on.

"The little munchkin next to them is Angela, she's five." I couldn't help but smile at the only blonde in the room. Her big green eyes stared up at me in excitement.

"The boys right there are Christopher and Steven. Eleven and seven." The little boy waved, a cute smile on his face.

"Then there is me Ronan and Lincoln, our older brother that is currently with his girlfriend. But according to mom and dad you and Link know each other." I nodded slowly. I did remember Lincoln. We had gone to school together through all of elementry and the beginning of middle school, that was until the Carter's moved away and into this huge house because of all the kids.

"I bet her and Link fuc. . ." One of the twins, Jamie I think, slapped the back of Dustin's head before he could finish his sentence.

"There are children in this room, Dusty. Keep your dirty mouth shut." He snapped. Dusty stuck his tongue out before sitting back against the couch.