{five}

(the next day)

"Lily!" her grandmother calls.

She replies with a loud groan. She got no sleep after her dream the night before.

"Lily! Please hurry!" her grandmother calls again. "You need to eat breakfast before your new tutor gets here!"

Lily lets out an exaggerated sigh and begins to get dressed.

Lily started being homeschooled after her mother was arrested for the first time. Because her father had passed away, she was court ordered to live with her grandmother.

She had no problem with it because he practically lived with her grandmother anyway. The only problem was schooling.

Lily was on scholarship at only private preparatory school in their state, Greenbriar Academy for Girls.

Usually, Lily would stay on campus, but the school had recently closed its dorms for 'academic expansion'. 

Her grandmother couldn't afford to take her that far everyday, and public schools never worked for Lily so they decided on homeschooling.

--------

By the time Lily made it downstairs she had 5 minutes to eat. After quickly eating some cereal, she rushes to the study.

"Lily! He's here!"

'He?' She thinks. 'Where's Shannon?'

Her grandmother walks in with a quite attractive young man. He looks around Ashton's age.

"Hey Lily!" he says. "I've heard a lot about you. My name's Luke."

--------

"Wow."

"What's the wow for?" Lily asks with a smile.

"She said you learn quickly but I wasn't expecting this!" Luke exclaims. "This was one of the hardest concepts for me to learn in high school. It took me a month to fully understand it. You just learned it in 1 day."

"This is why I don't do public school." Lily laughs out.

"You are so beautiful, and so smart. You could do so much with your life." He says, putting
his arm around her shoulders and kissing her forehead.

"See you next week."