Part Twelve

That night Chris had came over for dinner. I had never been so excited and nervous ever in my life. I wanted the night to be absolutely perfect. My mother made viva la chicken. I put on my prettiest dress. It was blue and had flowers on it. I put a small sparkly head band in my hair and put just a little bit of make up on. I heard the door bell ring and my stomach dropped. As I came out of my room and started to walk down the steps I heard my father and him talking. "It's very nice to meet you Mr. Stonewall." He said. "It's nice to meet you too Chris. Kandy tells us a lot about you." He said shaking his hand. I knew my dad was going to squeeze the hell out of Chris' hand. That was his first test, to see if a guy could hold a firm handshake. I watched them and noticed that Chris' handshake was firm. I smiled to myself and thought, "Good job Chris. You're doing great." He didn't look even half as nervous as I felt. "Hi Chris." I said shyly. "Woah." He mouthed so I could see but my father couldn't. I giggled. "Hey babe." Chris said with a smile. I noticed he had a little purple flower in his hand. That was one thing I love about Chris. He always was so thoughtful. He would always just pick up a little flower for me just because he wanted to. He was always just thoughtful and sincere. He put the flower in my hair and gave me a hug. That's when my mother walked in, "Awe... The two little love birds." Chris and I quickly pulled away. My face got extremely red. "Ah, Mrs. Stonewall!" Chris said taking my moms hand and kissing it, "Pleasure to meet you!" He said with a smile. As the night progressed I was very impressed with Chris and I could tell my parents were too. He seemed to have all the right answers to every question they asked him. After dinner my father told me to go to my room so he and Chris could talk in private. "May I walk her to bed sir?" Chris asked very politely. "Sure." My father said. Chris took my hand and lead me up the stairs. "You did wonderful babe." I said when we got to my room, "I love you. I'll see you tomorrow." Standing on my tip toes to meet him for a kiss. "I love you too." He said hugging me tight and kissing me again. "Goodnight."