six months of waiting for you

I open my eyes to find sunlight trickling in through my blinds and with a little dribble of drool on the corner of my mouth. Wiping the dribble of drool off, I get out of my bed with a grunt and walk over to my mirror.

The first thing I notice is my bedhead. My short black hair was sticking out in all different directions.

Then I notice that I forgot to take off my mascara last night before I went to bed. I had raccoon eyes.

The last thing I notice is a little red envelope taped to the top right corner of my mirror.

Overwhelmed with curiosity at the envelope that I definitely did not place there, I take it off my mirror and open it to find a small note inside.

If you stood in front of a mirror and held 11 roses, you would see 12 of the most beautiful things in the world.

Only then do I notice the bouquet of 11 roses sitting on my nightstand.

I smile, realizing who's behind this.

Cole must be back.

I race into my closet to pick out my outfit. I grab a black tee with some jean shorts and my favorite red flannel before looking at my shoe rack.

My eyes scan over my many pairs of combat boots until I see a shoebox.

Opening the box with a grin, I gasp at the sight of a new pair of black combat boots. I open the little envelope and pull out the card.

You better tie your shoelaces, I can't have you falling for anybody else.

My grin grows at this as I slip on a pair of socks before lacing up my combat boots. I then throw on a beanie after combing my hair and brushing my teeth and I grab my purse before heading out of my little apartment to my silver Corolla.

I smile at the sight of another envelope tucked under my windshield wipers.

I pick it up and read it.

Do you have a map? I'm lost in your eyes.

I roll my eyes at the cheesiness, but I get in my car and drive to Starbucks for my morning latte.

I order my drink and sit down at a table while I wait.

"Amelie Polson?" The barista asks.

I stand up and go to get my drink.

The barista also hands me an envelope.

"A guy came in here this morning and told us to give this to you when you come in this morning, so here you go." The barista said with a smile before walking away to attend to other orders.

I grin as I walk out to my car, drink and envelope in hand. Opening the small red envelope, I laugh as I read the line.

Are you from Starbucks? 'Cause I like you a latte.

I drink my latte and then head off to Lee's Comics, the comic shop I work at. Lee only sells Marvel comics, and I love working there. I pull into my parking spot and unlock the door, opening up the shop for the day. Lee pretty much lets me do what I want, as long as I respect the customers and open and close on time. I'm the only employee, which can be boring but I actually don't mind that much, and I spend most of my time reading or organizing comic books.

I make sure everything is in order before officially opening the store, flipping over the "Sorry, we're closed." sign to the "Yes, we're open!" side. I sigh contentedly as I sit down in my spinning desk chair in front of the cash register and played the record that was already in the player-Just One Yesterday by Fall Out Boy.