»Daylight | Bucky«

Here I am, waiting

I'll have to leave soon

why am I

holding on?

---
1943
---

"Bucky!" I squealed and let him inside my house.

"Hello, Sweetheart." He wore his usual smirk, gently placing his hand on my waist as he guided me in, even though it's my own house.

"Hello, Dear. So nice to see you again." My mother smiled at Bucky and he smiled back at her.

"You too, Mrs. (Y/L/N)."

"Would you like a drink?" Mother asked but Bucky politely waved his hands to inform her that he doesn't want one.

"We'll be upstairs, Mother." I said and she nodded.

"No need for permission, as long as it's James." She joked and Bucky chuckled.

Bucky's been a really great friend to Steve and he's absolutely been a really great boyfriend to me.

"I missed you so much! Why haven't you visited me as soon as you've gotten home from your previous mission?" I was a bit upset, but I can never stay mad at this lad. I just can't.

"I'm sorry, Doll. I just had to finish some errands and I was really exhausted from all the hard work. The least I could do was to call you and hear your beautiful voice." He kissed my temple and hugged me. He sighed and I hugged him back.

"I.. I have something to tell you, (Y/N).." I pulled away and I know that when he's using my name instead of those adorable nicknames. Something is wrong, and I could feel it. My heart began to race, I wasn't sure if I want to hear whatever he has to say but I know I need to.

We knew this day would come

We knew it all along

How did it come so fast?

"W-what is it, Buck?" I managed to ask. He closed his eyes, jaw clenched. He turned his head away and I could tell that he's hesitating.

"James." I said softly. I knew that if I were to raise my voice at him, it would be difficult for the both of us.

"The one-o-seventh Sergeant James Barnes.. shipping out for England first thing tomorrow."

"N-No. That can't be! I-I know I should be proud of you, but I don't want you to leave! Don't join 'em, please!" I stuttered as tears rolled out of my eyes.

"I have to." He cupped my cheeks, slightly lifting my head up and kissed my forehead.

"Don't leave me." I whispered.

"I wish I can stay, but I'm afraid I can't. I love you so much, doll." He cried, and I cried even harder.

This is our last night

But it's late, and I'm trying not to sleep

'cuz I know when I wake