Chapter Thirty

You guys are honestly amazing <3

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Angus' stomach dropped when he opened the door. The whole day he had anticipation building in his gut, he had a speech in his head to apologize. He had a bouquet of flowers for Evelyn because he read on the google that flowers are a physical way to apologize. He read that by buying a bouquet of flowers ensures that every time the person you brought them for sees them, they're reminded of the mistake and the apology given with the present leading to them understanding the pain the guilty person is going through. He knew it wasn't a lot, he knew the theory behind it was good but he also wasn't stupid enough to believe that a few flowers would create Evelyn's forgiveness. He knew he had to work for it, and he wasn't going to give up trying.

"Hey, Angus." The greeting pained him. The words were soft, they were kind and loving but they weren't what he wanted to her. Who he wanted to hear them from.

"Mrs Miller," Angus mumbled, unable to hide the disappointment at seeing her. His stomach sank, the familiar emotion of sadness and guilt once again flooding through his body. There was no other way to put it, he felt sad. The constant knot in the stomach. The guilt, the dreary attitude. He was told by Evelyn to not go over to her house and he would give her the space she wanted, also advised from the Google, but he thought today it would begin the healing stage.

"How have you been, hon?" Mrs Miller questioned him gently, sensitive to the situation. He just shook his head, his hand running down his face.

"Like shit." He answered, not avoiding anything. He knew he wasn't hiding his emotions well. So what was the point in lying?

She gave him a small smile in return, understanding how complicated the situation was. She was mad at Angus for cheating on her daughter yet, but just like Evelyn, at the same time she wasn't mad because there was no official label and nothing had been clarified.

"Evy was messaging me this morning." The statement was also a question on why she hadn't come with the papers for him to sign.

"Evelyn is, feeling, under the weather." She said, knowing fully well her daughter just didn't want to face Angus so soon. Angus knew it too and it pained him to think she was out right avoiding him.

When Mrs Miller looked at Angus blank face, she knew the cliché wasn't one he knew. She smiled internally at his innocence, knowing why her daughter loves him so much.

"She's feeling slightly sick."

"But she's okay?" He was quick to ask, worry evident in his voice. "Does she need anything, can I help any way?" His looming frame took a small step forwards eagerly to help Evelyn. He hated the fact she was feeling physically and emotionally sick and any way he could help would make him feel better, as selfish as that is.

"Just some rest will fix her up, no need to worry Angus." He just nodded, his shoulders sagging. No, there is a reason to worry, but he didn't want to tell her that.

"Let's get on with the paperwork, should we then?" Angus sighed heavily, already hating the paper work. He would have been fine to do paperwork with his Evy, it would be the perfect opportunity to spend a lot of time with her, but with her mom, he wasn't so sure he wanted to. He knew she was hostile towards him for hurting her daughter and was only here so Evelyn would get better. It would be awkward with Miss Miller and nowhere near as enjoyable as it is with Evelyn. Reluctantly, he nodded his head and they went to the bench to begin the tedious, and awkward, process.

<><><><><><><><><><>

"I feel horrible." Evelyn sighed. She felt a hand on her back from Gemma, her best friend, as she tried to comfort her.

"Don't worry Evie, everything will be fine." Gemma hated seeing her best friend so hurt and although they hardly see each other anymore due to work and travel from both parties, they still understood one another and Evie's pain is Gemma's pain.

"I need to talk to him but I can't bring myself to. Every time I go to go over to his place, I can see the girl walking out of the apartment and the pain just hits me all over again." Evelyn absolutely hated that her mind kept remembering the events of the day and reminding her of the hurt.

She misses Angus, it is as simple as that. She wanted to go back to him and talk everything through. She wanted to say he's not one hundred percent in the wrong and ask if he wanted a label. If he said yes, she would explain it. Thoroughly. But if he said no, that was a fear she faced. Previously, she was confident he would say yes but now after experiencing other people, she wasn't quite sure.

"Evie, it's only been a week since it's happened. Seven days, you're allowed to still be crushed. It's only human to feel upset and to further protect yourself from being hurt."

"I know it's just,"