Chapter 2: He Hasn't Got A Clue

"I'm fucking late!" Pixie cursed as she zipped through traffic. Despite going to bed early she had slept through her alarm and now was an hour late to school.

Surprisingly she wasn't the only one, Sean; Han's Australian hot head was late too.

"Hey, do you know where this room is?" He asked as Pixie rushed through the halls with him.

"Yeah, just follow me, we're in the same class" she puffed finally stopping at a door. They slipped off their shoes and quietly opened the door and the class laughed.

"Good morning, Miss" Pixie bowed and announced in Japanese. "I'm Pixie and this is Sean".

"Ah... our young Australians" she smiled in English. "Take a seat at the back and copy what's already on the board".

"Thanks for covering my ass" Sean whispered as they next to each other.

"Hans asked me to keep an eye on you while we're at school" Pixie replied. "You need to just lay-low for a few weeks until you know how we do things here".

"How do you know Han?" He squeaked writing the stuff down while talking to her.

"Han and I go way back" she sighed. "He taught me how to drift and he told me you suck at it and need teaching".

"I don't suck" he grumbled. "I'm just not used to the tight corners".

"That's why I'm helping Han teach you" Pixie smiled as the bell went for lunch. "Come on, I'm gonna ditch and go for a ride to see Hans you're coming with me if you wanna to be shown how we drift here".

"Sure, I'd like that" Sean nodded. "I just have to think of an excuse for my dad".

"Yeah, I forgot you've got a cop father" she groaned. "I hate that".

"Why would you say that...?" He frowned. "Unless you've one?"

"Nice work, hot shot" the teenager nodded. "But mine left me and my mum when I was four and since I was split between the two of them while I was with him abused me for five years until I ran away".

"I'm sorry, I'm sorta the same but mine left me and my mum when I was ten" he sighed.

"Hey, don't let it get to you, you're an adult you can do what you want" Pixie explained slapping his shoulder. "Come on, we gotta change because these clothes will case suspicion".

Sean leaned against her bike wearing jeans, a blue shirt and black jacket with black sneakers as she came out wearing a white mid-rift singlet with a different length triangle cut skirt and ¾ leggings and she had straightened her hair too.

"Is that what you wear usually?" He asked eyes wide. "How old are you again?"

"I'm 17 and an ex- Juvi inmate" she smiled getting on the bike and putting her helmet and giving him a spare. "I was 14 when my older brother sold me out to our father; now get on before a teacher sees us".

"You must really hate your brother?" Sean frowned "I'm the dude, I should be driving".

"Do you know the way?" Pixie smirked. Sean hung his head and she laughed as his arm wrapped around her waist and they sped off zipping through traffic.

Han was waiting for them but he had a different plan. "There's a race on later tonight" he smiled as Pixie and Sean took off their helmets. "That will be a good time to show us what you can do and we'll work from there".

"Finally, I haven't been in a race in ages" Pixie smiled. "But we need to focus on you, Sean".

"So, who am I racing?" He asked. "And what are the rules?"

"The rules?" Pixie laughed. "There aren't any, you just have to try and drift your way through the course, it's pretty easy if you know what you're doing".

"Come on, we better find you two some cars" Han snapped. "Because Pixie, teachers from the school know your bike so..."

"Aw, thanks for the warning" Pixie groaned. "It better be stylish, I'm gonna go stash my bike in the back".

She pushed it around the back of the apartment/garage/night club and grabbed one of Hans' black jackets because it was starting to get cold.

"So, what are we getting?" She asked putting her hair up in a bun.

"You'll see" Han smiled. "They'll be good enough for your liking".

"When you said they would be good enough, I didn't believe you!" Pixie squealed as she saw the cars Hans had picked out for them. "How did you get these!?"

"Let's just say; Hugh Jackman will be wondering where his Porsche and Nissan 350Z are" Han smiled. "I got the Porsche in purple just for you and Hotshot, the Nissan's for you".

"I love you, Han" Pixie replied hugging him.

"Yeah, yeah, I know you do" he explained. "Now, let's go and win some money".

"Hey, that's my line" Pixie laughed sliding into her new car. "I'm so testing this baby out on the track".

"The Nissan's for you" Han added as he watched Sean check it out. "But I'm driving for the moment".

"I'll see youse two at the starting line" Pixie smiled taking off.

"She's really good, isn't she?" Sean sighed getting in the passenger's side as Han slid into the Driver's seat.

"For a girl she could be a NASCAR racer if she wanted too" Han shrugged. "She's been taught by the world's best street racers, me being one of them".

When they got to the place where the race was supposed to be they saw only cops.

"Shit, what time is it?" Sean cursed.

"Two in the morning, I know, I gotta drop you back home before your old man sends out a call" Han nodded swerving backwards. "And then I gotta check if Pixie's Ok".

"Worry about me that your girlfriend" Sean snapped.

"Pixie isn't my girlfriend" Han explained. "She's the adoptive sister of a very old and good friend, she's told you of the abuse from her father and that her own older brother sold her out, right?"

"Yeah but if I screw up here" Sean replied. "I'll be on the streets".

"You know her older brother was a cop too?" Han cut in. "She spent ten years trying to get help from him and he tricked her and now she is more cautious about whom she trusts".

They skidded to a stop in front of Sean's father's house and Sean slammed the door and ran inside.

"He is hopeless" Han shook his head. "He hasn't got a clue".