Chapter 3: Time To Drift

“Where the hell have you been?!” Paul shouted as Sean closed the door.

“With a friend from school, she took me to see some street races” Sean replied. “We lost track of time”.

“Who is this friend?” Paul asked leaning against the staircase. “Asian, physco or a street racer”.

“Her name is Pixie O’Connor; she’s Australian but spent most of her life in America and she’s an ex-Juvi inmate because of street racing” Sean sighed. “Why do you sound so angry?”

“Pixie O’Connor is bad news” Paul shook his head. “She still has to do more time in Juvi; they only let her out because of good behaviour”.

“What makes you say that?!” Sean snapped.

“She attacked an FBI agent when she was just nine years old with a 15 inch spanner!” Paul replied. “Pixie O’Connor is supposed to be serving 12 Juvi sentences in six Juvi centres in twelve different states; she only spent time in ten of those”.

“She’s just a girl who is sick and tired of being treated like shit!” Sean shouted. “Just what you are doing to me now”.

“You will go to school and come home from school or I’ll send you back and then you’ll have to think of a good excuse to say to a court judge” Paul hissed as Sean pushed past him.

***

“Hey, where are you?” Han asked as he rang Pixie to see if she had been caught.

“I’m in a car yard outside the city” Pixie replied. “Cops came out of nowhere like they were expecting us; I thought dad had followed me here”.

“Just sit tight, I’ll be there soon” he nodded. “I just dropped Sean off and his father went ballistic, I could hear him from outside”.

 “OK, now I gotta go before my battery goes dead” Pixie hung up.

Pixie lay on the back seat of her car as she hid from scouting cops. Tonight was supposed to be her first race in years and it was ruined by cops.

Her eyes slowly closed and she fell asleep.

“Come on, little lady” she heard a voice say. “Let’s get you home”.

Car doors opened and closed as people moved around her. Someone slid into the driver’s sit and another person climbed in beside her and laid her head in their lap.

Hours later Pixie woke up with a sore neck on a couch in Han’s apartment with a blanket over her.

“Hey, how do you feel?” Han asked giving her a bowl of Sustain.

“You took your time” she snapped sitting up. “But thanks for picking me up”.

“We thought the cops got you again” Jako sighed. “You just got out of Juvi you don’t need the CIA or FBI knocking here”.

“I know did Sean get home in time?” Pixie replied through a mouthful of food.

“No, I didn’t” Han sighed. “I was too worried about you”.

“Aw, that’s sweet, Han” she smirked placing a hand to his cheek. “But I can handle anything that is related to Cops”.

“Dom’s been calling” he replied. “I told him you were almost caught... again”.

“Congrats, he’s probably gonna kill me” she groaned as Han passed her phone to her.   

Pixie spent four hours on the phone to her family. Different feelings were swapped like happiness, loneliness and heartbreak.